LCD TV

Guest Mick

Thanks for all the replies. Just had contact from an old friend in Colchester, he has just bought from Sainsbury,s a 15inch multi standard lcd, no inverter required,good picture £199.00

i bought the 15inch lcd tv from sainsburyslast november,excellent,have only used it so far on mains,have made up a 12v lead for it,and will be trying it out at easter but im wondering should i buy a voltage stable-iser first before i do to be on safe side.

Ron Be careful with your 12v lead - a lot of the LCD's are powered from mains via a transformer so that they run on 12v but that doesn't mean that you can actually run them on a direct 12v feed from a battery, some manufacturers actually state that you shouldn't do this. If you do and your TV stops working you won't be able to ask the manufacturer for a new one under warranty. Check that they are happy for you to do this first. The alternative is to get a cheap inverter and run it through this, yes it is silly having to turn 12v into mains and the back to 12v but I'd rather that than bust my monitor. Maplins currently have a 300W SS Invertor 12V for sale at half price at present £19.99 which may be suitable.

Archived