La Linea aire Gibraltar

flyboyprowler

We stayed on this aire October 2017. It is in Spain and just a 10-minute stroll from the Spain/Gibraltar border so is very convenient for ‘The Rock’. The aire forms part of the huge marina and is certainly not 'waste ground'. Access was via a barrier and the €12 fee included water, dumps and hard standing parking but, from memory there was no electric hook-up. We were one of about 10 ‘vans that stayed.

GPS: N 36.15547, W 5.35436 N 36°09'20", W 5°21'16"

There's more information on Camper Contact. Hope this helps.

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2019-02-11 11:12 PM

We stayed on this aire October 2017. It is in Spain and just a 10-minute stroll from the Spain/Gibraltar border so is very convenient for ‘The Rock’. The aire forms part of the huge marina and is certainly not 'waste ground'. Access was via a barrier and the €12 fee included water, dumps and hard standing parking but, from memory there was no electric hook-up. We were one of about 10 ‘vans that stayed.

Many thanks, and was it suitable for larger,( 8.3m) vans?

flyboyprowler - 2019-02-11 10:18 PM

Cattwg - 2019-02-11 11:12 PM

We were there at the end of May last year and there was plenty of space. Most of the MH parking is facing the marina, but there are some white lines that you will over hang if longer than about 7.5m. I don't know how strict they are about this. I think there are some spaces around the back where you can park longways. Have a look on google maps satellite image that looks fairly up to date.

Photos were taken on 29/5/18

La_linea1.JPG.cff90ec7f1156756fc9e0599c6a1d089.JPG

La_linea2.JPG.4d943e28d1cdbea06f04b56921840438.JPG

flyboyprowler - 2019-02-11 10:18 PM

You should be OK in your 8.3 ‘van. The parking is on a wide quay, with plenty of room. The only awkwardness may be manoeuvring within the car park itself, it was nearly full of cars when we were there.

Fantastic stop off we stayed last year around May for 3 days and loved it, large motorhomes are not a problem, there are no electrics, water/waste is a drive around the marina to the left, (just leave chair/chocks to save your spot while filling up), your facing the marina and there where some great memorable sunsets while we where there, the location is within walking distance to border into Gib, definitely go on Google maps Satelight view and familiarise yourself with entrance to parking, because the approach is a bit awkward to get into the correct carpark, we didn't use it but there's a small restaurant/bar a few metres away from the parking, I'm always cautious where we park up and I felt very safe parking here, you will not be disappointed, enjoy your trip, hope this helps.

Michael

MikeyPikey - 2019-02-13 1:32 AM

Fantastic stop off we stayed last year around May for 3 days and loved it, large motorhomes are not a problem, there are no electrics, water/waste is a drive around the marina to the left, (just leave chair/chocks to save your spot while filling up), your facing the marina and there where some great memorable sunsets while we where there, the location is within walking distance to border into Gib, definitely go on Google maps Satelight view and familiarise yourself with entrance to parking, because the approach is a bit awkward to get into the correct carpark, we didn't use it but there's a small restaurant/bar a few metres away from the parking, I'm always cautious where we park up and I felt very safe parking here, you will not be disappointed, enjoy your trip, hope this helps.

Michael

Thanks Michael

Ainsley

Archived