Last minute pre holiday questions

kevandali

We are off on our travels tomorrow (Friday) Everything is ready as far as the motorhome is concerned (fingers crossed) I have sent off for the equivelent to the E111's that I am told I will need but not sure why?? and they havn't arrived yet. (Left it to the last minute) *-) Our motorhome insurance covers us for breakdown, contents etc, do we need to take out extra travel Insurance and health insurance as well and if so will a one stop tesco policy do the trick? Should have posted these questions weeks ago, oh well. Any help much appreciated Kevandali

Hi kevandali The new replacement card for the E111 will get you emergency treatment in the same way as the E111 did - it's just that you won't have to renew it each year as before. What it will not get you is ongoin treatment for anything more serious such as an accident when you are hospitalised or, worse, need an air ambulance to repatriate you. I used Eurotunnel's own insurance which lasts for one year - Tesco's should be Ok too and should also cover you for such things as delays etc. Above all, have a good holiday. Regards, david

"Should have posted these questions weeks ago, oh well." nothing like cutting it fine, (lol) , still best way to learn is through personal experience :-> just don't forget plastic cards and room to store all your goodies when you come back; also suggest you put any mobiles on immediate divert as soon as you leave UK soil, and stick to texts, much much cheaper. Have a ball, and let us know how it goes. :D B-)

Archived