You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Motorhome Matters
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Leisure Battery Charging
AuthorMessage
userMax Speed
Posted: 28 June 2020 12:00 PM
Subject: Leisure Battery Charging

Having a look around

Hi From Scotland,
Just replaced the 100 Amp /Hr leisure Battery on our T625 Harmony ,and was wondering if the voltage charge to the leisure Batt
can be adjusted .
i.e- the engine battery is at 13.2 volts when trickle charging but the Leisure Batt is at 14.3 volts , the amp charge load is showing zero on the common meter

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated
userbuddy
Posted: 28 June 2020 1:46 PM
Subject: RE: Leisure Battery Charging

Having a look around

I think you will find that the voltage reading will drop back as the new battery becomes fully charged .
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 28 June 2020 2:19 PM

If a motorhome’s onboard battery-charger can simultaneously charge the leisure-battery and the starter-battery, it’s not that uncommon for the latter to be charged at a lower voltage and amperage. My Rapido’s CBE-made system essentially charges the leisure-battery at ‘full blast’ while the starter-battery is just getting a ‘trickle’.
userMax Speed
Posted: 28 June 2020 7:58 PM

Having a look around

Thanks for the replies, it would seem that it has now settled down and the starter battery is at 13.2 volts & the leisure battery is at 13.8 volts
with the dual charge meter at zero so both are now being on a maintained Trickle charge
Thanks guys
Max
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator