Leisure Battery on way out.

Barney123

Must have hit the wrong key there.

Anyway back in 2013 I had an ongoing saga with Elecsol whereas I had problems with my dead batteries.

Most of you now know what happened to Elecsol, but I was fortunate enough to get another dealer to exchange my dead batteries for 2 good Elescol and also give me another 4 years warranty with them.

Well it now 2018 and these 2 batteries seem to be still going strong, however I said SEEM,they may pack up soon.

I am now looking to replace them and have been searching through the most recent threads on here to get an idea of which one to replace them.

I know there is a lot of talk about the Varta LA90, but because I want 2 batteries and if I have 2 fitted I would have the problem of checking them for water due to the position the batteries are sited.

So my next option is to go for the Varta LA95 AGM, therefore doing away with the problem, as I would not have to keep checking them.

I know there is a big price difference, but has anyone got any other pro's or cons's on the LA95 AGM.

Thanks all

Barney, I agree, just fitted two LFD90's and both are squeezed under the drivers seat. Zero maintenance and, according to information on other threads, one of the best performing batteries around - at this price.

Other advice would be to try and get them from somewhere like Tayna or Battery Megastore (both online) who offer good prices delivered but, because of the turnover of stock, they are less likely to have been stood on the shelf for months on end losing charge.

David

I had 2 Varta 90ah batteries on my last Burstner Nexxo,along with a 160w solar panal,they never let me down in 4.5 yrs and I ran my TV and charged elec;bike batteries and other batteries never needed EHU for weeks on end, They must be as good as any batteries on the market.very pleased with them, fesspark

• 2 weeks later...
Now that's what the forum is for, I fitted two Varta LDF90 batteries on my small camper after seeking advice and information from A&N caravans. One is used as the starter battery and the other as the leisure battery. I was also told they would last longer (and I can see Why) if I swap them around each year. By the time they need replacing I'm hoping the Yuasa L36-EFB will have gained a good reputation and will use them as the replacement units.

Archived