Lincolnshire coast parking

flicka

Lincolnshire council are introducing parking restrictions from 1st November.

All vehicles over 6m & overnight parking will be banned at the from the following coastal car parks:-

Chapel St. Leonards

Anderby Creek

Huttoft

March Yard

Six Marches

Wolla Bank.

Motorhomes staying for long periods & disposing of waste is quoted as prompting these actions.

flicka - 2021-09-10 10:22 AM

Lincolnshire council are introducing parking restrictions from 1st November.

All vehicles over 6m & overnight parking will be banned at the from the following coastal car parks:-

The bib is interesting as there are many motorhome/campers under 6mtr so I expect they will be ok which seems a bit odd. Usually these 'prohibition' signs are a blanket ban such as "no motorhomes" or "no caravans" etc.

It's clear to see from the article Derek linked that East Lindsey Council has a reputation of hostility toward mh's and campervans. As one councillor jubilantly declared, "This is absolutely a win-win for us and can't come too soon. We will be able to issue a penalty charge notice for any contraventions to the order."

A very British attitude of "milk the motorist".

Bulletguy - 2021-09-14 2:46 PM

It's clear to see from the article Derek linked that East Lindsey Council has a reputation of hostility toward mh's and campervans. As one councillor jubilantly declared, "This is absolutely a win-win for us and can't come too soon. We will be able to issue a penalty charge notice for any contraventions to the order."

A very British attitude of "milk the motorist".

That quote in the article is attributed to Graham Fisher, chairman of Anderby Parish Council, not East Lindsey Council. In any case, the restriction has been made by Lincolnshire County Council.

It's hardly a surprise that the measures are being implemented as the area has been abused by some motorhomers since 2013 at least.

Derek Uzzell - 2021-09-15 10:11 AM

This link may be of interest

https://campra.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=755

There are some excellent posts in that link. The first, a member of CAMpRA replying to the Council writes, "Rather than looking at the Motorhome community as a problem, why not look at us as an untapped opportunity."

Nail on head!

Good luck with getting the message over but i'm afraid Britain has never been a motorhome/camper/caravan friendly country and we are light years behind that of any country in Europe. We are obsessed with prohibition signs, height barriers, and penalty tickets.

John52 - 2021-09-15 12:47 PM

That link takes me to a finance site

Can't see anything about parking and camping advice for motorhome owners

Thanks. Sorry about that.

I closed the site two years ago and didn't realise that I had left the link in my signature (haven't posted here for a while).

I just checked the Whois record and somebody has set up a scam site using the same name in November last year. Hopefully they will let it lapse when it expires in November this year.

271949732_Screenshot2021-09-15145433.thumb.jpg.18b7a61d8ae0de48e59de61e2eb5bb45.jpg

Archived