Locate exterior temperature sensor on 2013 Relay PVC.

MrsJ

Due to a Satnav error we broke the top mirror glass and indicator lens glass on the drivers door mirror whilst reversing back up a too narrow lane. The mirror guard is intact and also the rest of the short arm

mirror plastic. We think that we can make a satisfactory repair for £30/£40'ish buying a heated mirror glass and new indicator lens off the internet. As an afterthought we wondered if the exterior temperature sensor may be located in this mirror because if it is it would make sense to replace it while it is dismantled

We have been having temperature reading which are obviously wrong for a couple of years now which

has not bothered us enough to rush out and repair. I have looked on the internet but there is not much info that I can see except one which says it is in the passenger mirror. As it is a French make I wondered if this would be in the drivers side in the u.k. If the sensor is not in the mirror we can leave it until later (again)

Lesley J.

The temperature sensor is in the right hand (UK driver's side) mirror, within the little "bulb" shape that projects from the underside of the mirror housing. It is not uncommon for the readings to be awry in my experience when mirrorguards are fitted, as although the genuine mirrorguards at least have a hole in the lower edge of the guard that roughly aligns with the location of the sensor, the thickness and profile of the mirrorguards can affect the flow of air across it.

AIUI, the sensor itself is not available separate from the full door mirror from Fiat (having had a replacement under warranty for a malfunctioning one). I suspect the same will apply for Peugeot.

Some success has been reported by people who have bought a sensor only from eBay, and done their own repair.

e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Temperature-Sensor-6445F9-6445-F9-For-PEUGEOT-206-207-208-306-307-407/132951433702

Robinhood - 2019-08-01 11:58 AM

AIUI, the sensor itself is not available separate from the full door mirror from Fiat (having had a replacement under warranty for a malfunctioning one). I suspect the same will apply for Peugeot.

Some success has been reported by people who have bought a sensor only from eBay, and done their own repair.

e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outdoor-Temperature-Sensor-6445F9-6445-F9-For-PEUGEOT-206-207-208-306-307-407/132951433702

If the accuracy of the sensor was important to you, you could probably fit the aftermarket sensor between the mirrorguard and the original mirror housing, so that the bulb projected through the hole in the mirrorguard, and wire it into the original loom within the mirror, having disconnected the original sensor first.

Archived