London Low Emission Zone (LEZ)

Hi, I hadn't seen anything written about this so thought it might be helpful if I do.

I have an Autocruise on a XLWB Boxer 350 revenue weight 4150KG Gross.

The London LEZ which encompasses just about everywhere inside the M25 came into force on March 1st for HGV, Campervans & Horseboxes over 3500Kg built before '2016' (can't remember the exact year). Driving your vehicle anywhere inside the zone costs £300 per day and runs 365 days a year.

The system is monitored by ANPR cameras which sit on just about every set of traffic lights in the zone ie. you can't sneak round it.

This is not the same as the ULEZ for cars etc. which is expanding out to the North/South Circular on October 25th.

My van is meant to be in Spain but then we had a pandemic. It needs an MOT this week but I spoke to the garage and his mate will pick me up and drop me off on a low loader for a lot less than £300.

If anyone thinks that, secretively, the LEZ did not come in to force on March 1st please let me know.

Cheers

I have just checked my PHGV 2017 euro 6b motorhome and it is not liable to LEZ charges. The helpfully point out that were I to venture into the CC zone during its operating hours it would cost me £17 approx.

LEZ was in the CC zone until March 1st where it was extended out to nearly the M25 for HGV and any vehicle over 3500 gross weight built before 2016.. I know. I live in Balham with a 2005 Autocruise that is liable for a £300 per day charge if I move it.

This is what I get with my number plate:

Low Emission Zone (LEZ)

£300 a day

Where it operates:

Central and Greater London - check a postcode or location

Charging times:

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.

A charging day runs from midnight to midnight. You can pay by midnight on the third charging day after you travel or up to 90 days in advance.

And I live in Balham which is outside the CC and just outside the South Circular

Outside the Congestion Charge zone

Outside the ULEZ charge zone

Inside the LEZ charge zone

Gaz,

Make sure that your MH registration plates are obscured whilst on the low loader or the ANPR cameras MAY still pick them up and send you a penalty notice. It's easier to prevent them being read than trying to argue the case later!

Keith.

Thanks for the advice Keith. I was thinking about hanging bikes off the back and throwing mud on the number plates but then I'd probably get banged up for 2 years trying to get round the charge :)

I told the garage that they could start a Uber service for campervans as I'm sure other people must be having the same issue.

Cheers

Archived