London bombings

Pat

Hi Mike Tried to post a reply to your comments on "Londons burning" but couldn't 'Big Brother' censorship? No I am not new to this forum atall having contributed many times in the past. But sorry I ask again am I missing something here? All Sylvia did was to ask a question about her MOTORHOME on a MOTORHOME forum! Why the dig at her? Pat

Guest Derek Uzzell
Pat: I read Mike C's "Very bad taste" comment as a criticism of Tony S's posting, not of Sylvia's inquiry. In fact I'm not sure how the reader is expected to interpret Tony's posting - is it actually a criticism (veiled or otherwise) of particular forum members, or just one of his occasional 'thought-provoking' asides? (A forum search on "tony s" will reveal earlier examples, if you are interested.) As there seems to be doubt about the relevance and objective of his posting, perhaps Tony can explain the thinking behind it.

Guest Mike C
Hello Pat, Derek has read it correctly in that my Very Bad Taste comment related only to the posting by Tony S. I am not sure how Sylvia was dragged into this. Martin H. Sorry mate, will stop here. Mike C.

Guest Tony S
Forums should be all about lively discussion. As motorhomers we travel a lot and that should make us more open minded - unless of course all the contributors on this forum are the ones who think that motorhoming is all about scuttling down the fast lane to gain the next protected, official campsite. Actually, although I do find it odd that no-one mentioned the bombings, I suppose it's an indication that the British phlegm is still evidently fully intact.

Guest PeteC
Hi Pat No I dont think you missed anything - except people pulling the originator down (cannt even remember the name) In actual fact as I tryed to put it We ara all sorry for those involved - and even for those people who now have to go in and sort things out. But life goes on as it did when I was a school kid in the war We have just had 8 weeks in Holland and ended up Nr Arnhem - just visit the Airborne museum and look at the things that the Nederlanders had to go through - it leaves an impression, about human resilience

Archived