Loose tap on drop down sink

Sparky7

Good morning all,

The tap on the drop down sink in my Autocruise Rhythm has worked loose. Although it appears that the whole bathroom sink surround would have to be removed to tighten it, there is a panel in the surround below the sink. I have removed the screws from this in the hope that it will give me access to the tap base, but the panel is such a tight fit that I can't remove it without damaging it. Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation!

Sparky7 , I found that an hole with a cover over it had been made in the wall behind the sink inside the hanging wardrobe , sometime in the past , which enabled access to the tap fitting on my Autocruise Rhythm.

Thank you Tracker and Buddy.   Tracker, the sink does not come out, and I was resigned to removing the whole cabinet until Buddy revealed there might be another panel in the wardrobe, which I shall investigate.
More to come!
Sparky

Sparky7 The removable panel is not standard but has been added to get to and tighten the swivel tap base fitting which is behind the opening that has been made, . The tilting sink does come out away from its swivel points , to enable cleaning of the drainage section behind it , but you still cannot get to the tap fitting that way. The panel under the sink comes out but the gap behind it is so narrow that it is almost impossible ( if not impossible ) to get to the tap base fitting to tighten it .( I think it may be that the under sink panel it is there to enable connection of the water pipes , that are behind it , after the entire back wall , with the sink already located in it , has been fitted in place )

• 4 weeks later...

Further to my previous post about the loose tap on the drop down sink in my 2015 Autocruise Rhythm; yes, the sink does come out, but there is no access to tighten the tap. The fridge had to be removed, and a hole cut in the panel next to it. From there, the tap base could be reached. It took 1.5 hours! Will hold the tap base still whilst moving it from now on. The manufacturers don't seem to think anything will need fixing or maintaining!

Hope this might help others with the same problem and many thanks for all the suggestions.

Sparky

Archived