Loss of power, Renault Master!

Guest Noel

I have a renault Master 1991 on various occaisions the engine seems to get "over hot", power disappears, not able to rev the engine, maximum speed is down to 40mph. The temp. warning light does not come on and neither does the electric fan cut in. With having no temp. gauge, only a warning light, it is not possible to see the temp. rising! Any ideas, ANYONE PLEASE.

Someone wrote this about a Spriner on a previous posting but my guess is its just as applicable to your Renault - or any modern fly by wire motor! "Definately a sensor fault but the air intake one is one in say,let me count up; Coolant temp.Manifold pressure.Cam & flywheel position.Cyl block knock.Head Injector sensor.Etc,Etc,,,, Take one like the flywheel one and what have you got that could cause a problem.It might have a slack conection,might be covered in clutch lining dustor,or as known on certain cars wires may be a bit toasted due to proximity of exhaust manifold"

Guest Derek Uzzell
Petrol or diesel engine? Anything similar or significant about the "various occasions" when the problem occurred? If petrol (and with no overt sign of over-heating), I'd suspect fuel starvation of some sort. If diesel, then I've no idea - a 1991 diesel will be much simpler than present models and is likely to either go or not.

Archived