M20 Closure - 3 weekends

laimeduck

The M20 will be closed for 10 miles around Ashford this coming weekend creating a long diversion (55 miles in total) via the M2/A2. Two further Closures are planned for September.

This from Kent Live and the Highways Agency:-

"This weekend will see 10 miles of the M20 closed for junction 10a roadworks.

It is the first of three full weekend closures that will plague drivers, with two more pegged for September.

Both carriageways of the M20 will shut between junction 9 for Ashford and junction 11 for Sandling at 10pm on Saturday (August 3).They will not reopen until 6am on Monday (August 5).

This is to allow workers continue to build the slip roads for the new junction 10a and begin the Highfield Lane Bridge demolition. The full closure will be accompanied by an overnight closure of the coastbound carriageway on the Friday (August 2) from 10pm until 6am on Saturday (August 3)."

The road system around the East Kent area is fragile enough at the best of times - these closures and diversions will tip the balance firmly towards chaos.

I live here and have stockpiled tins of beans, marmite, toilet rolls and vaseline - so am fully prepared!

1440321011_M20diversion.jpg.5c0cd34ad2dea1226399497bb36026e7.jpg

"I live here and have stockpiled tins of beans, marmite, toilet rolls and Vaseline"

I thought that was standard practice for anyone living on Romney Marsh.

Reminds me of a letter I read in Pilot magazine a few years ago from someone who said that the greatest benefit of a PPL was being able to visit places that you couldn't get to by road, like the North Pole and Lydd.

aandy - 2019-07-31 8:45 AM

"I live here and have stockpiled tins of beans, marmite, toilet rolls and Vaseline"

I thought that was standard practice for anyone living on Romney Marsh.

Reminds me of a letter I read in Pilot magazine a few years ago from someone who said that the greatest benefit of a PPL was being able to visit places that you couldn't get to by road, like the North Pole and Lydd.

Andy .....The difficult bit is opening the Marmite and Vaseline..... have you tried doing that with 6 webbed fingers?

From the 5th Continent...........

laimeduck - 2019-07-31 7:58 AM

The M20 will be closed for 10 miles around Ashford this coming weekend creating a long diversion (55 miles in total) via the M2/A2. Two further Closures are planned for September.

Blimey....another?!! 8-)

I remember a few years ago driving down to Dover port late evening as motorway traffic is horrendous now. Got within a few miles of Dover only to be met by a "road closed" and diversion signs which took me miles off course pottering along loads of little B roads (many diversion signs that small they were barely visible).

You will need that stockpile.....Operation Stack is going to be "fun". (lol)

laimeduck - 2019-07-31 8:59 AM

Andy .....The difficult bit is opening the Marmite and Vaseline..... have you tried doing that with 6 webbed fingers?

From the 5th Continent...........

The trick is to open the Marmite first. If you do it the other way round you'll have no chance.

Archived