MH books

dave

I have been trying to find out what books are available covering new MH owners (not that I am yet, but getting closer by the day thanks to the advice I've been getting here!) but keep drawing a blank. I know I've seen a couple advertised in MMM and other mags but have lost the references. Could anyone point me in the right direction and also maybe give a review if they've used any of the books? I'm looking for all sorts of info, including mechanical, as well as full-timing on the continent (not much to ask for I know) if possible.

Guest Roy Hamilton
Hi Dave, You could start with The Motor Caravan Manual by John Wickersham published by Haynes ISBN 1 84425 047 4. Make sure you get the 2004 2nd edition. You may be able to borrow it fron your library so that you can a look at it before buying.

Many thanks Roy (NOW I remember!!). In fact I've gone onto Amazon and bought it, plus 'RV'ing for Idiots' as well (you get free postage that way and I'm always a sucker for those kind of offers). Its only money (bet I won't be saying that once I've retired and am full timing in Spain on a reduced income!). Must say that Amazon's search function is pretty lousy, as I put in all the variations on Motorhome I could think of and got nothing. The only one I missed was 'Motor Caravan' - Google didn't do much better either. Just shows that modern technology doesn't always come up trumps - thank heavens for the MMM forum.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Dave: Critical of poor search facilities, eh? It's a poor workman who blames his tools! If you use this forum's search facility with keywords "full time" or "books" (omitting the quotes) you'll come up with lots of stuff that should be helpful. For example, the "books" search will retrieve my own posting "Essential reading" of 30/01/2003. (The offer of a free e-mail Buyers Guide is still open incidentally.)

You're quite right, Derek - I find these days with so much information available, I get quickly hacked off if I can't find what I'm looking for straight away! But then, when you have other search engines like the well-known 'Uzzell' to help, why worry?! Bulldust apart, many thanks for your help - I will send you an email request for your Buyer's Guide right now (before I forget - that's another of my problems). One thing - I looked for the MMM Buyer's Guide you mentioned in your 'Essential Reading' posting, but it doesn't seem to be available any more. Not a problem, just thought you might be interested. Dave Stephens

Archived