MOT's for new motorhomes

Guest Roy Iddon

Guest Roy Iddon
I have a Compass Avantegarde first registered in June 2002 could you tell me when it will need to have its first MOT. I have a feeling that I have read in past issues that it is after five years, my local Peugeot garage says after three years. Could you please help. Thanks for such an informative magazine - thanks in anticipation of your help. Best regards, Roy

Guest Richard
Hi Roy The first MOT will be due when the motorhome is 3 years old so will be due in June this year. Regards Richard

We were told that we can have a vehicle tested a month in advance of its 3 year anniversary, and have the certificate dated ahead.IE first regd 12-6-02, have it tested after 12-5-05 and it can be dated to expire 11-6-06, providing you take the logbook in when it is tested.

Guest Roy Hamilton
To PeteC. By "trucks" I assume you mean Heavy Goods Vehicles i.e. over 3500kgs GVW (or whatever it's called now) in which case the first test is after one year. Try the site www.vosa.gov.uk for testing info (and lots of other stuff like vehicle recalls).

Archived