Mains light on control panel

Billbob

Hi, I have a 2014 Fiat Ducato 484 Swift Esprit.

Can anyone please tell me if the flash on your control panel when plugged into the EHU stays lit or not? Mine stays lit for about 30 seconds then goes off.

I’ve just fitted 2 new leisure batteries and can’t remember if it stays lit or not. Can anyone tell me? It’s a EC400/EC450 power control system.

Thanks.

Billbob , I do not know if it helps but my Sargent EC462 control panel , mains supply connected & charger switched on indicator light (flash logo),only stays on for about 1 x min after the control is first switched on.

In the Sargent manual in section 2.6, "Control Panel Operation" on page 5 it says "Mains on indication. When connected to a 230v supply the LED with a lightning strike shown will be illuminated."

I fail to see the logic of a mains on indicator, which extinguishes while the system is still live.

Alan

Yes Alan it is strange but that is how mine is , (but it could be faulty ? ) the charger has to also be turned on for it to illuminate at all, ( the picture in the manual of the EC462 control panel states , mains supply and charger on , next to this light). There is also a buzzer that sounds if you start the engine while still connected to EHU.

Archived