Max charge rate

weldted

Hi all, I have two 95 amp AGM batteries, looking to eventually have two 100 Lithium, 3 x 175 watt solar panels, and a Victron 2kw inverter charger. Thinking about installing the solar first myself just wondered if the three panels and mppt regulator may be too much for the two 95 amp AGM’s. To handle. Also got plenty of room on the roof for the panels but one of which will be shaded by the sat dish when in use, so thinking the best way to connect them series or parallel.

A) you can limit the max charge rate in victronconnect app untill you get LiFePO in there.

B) internal resistance will lower the max current going in long before you actually reach max Wp. I have 320Wp and have yet to see more than 260W being used. Batteries are nearing full long before mid day.

C) there is a max recommended charge rate for lead but I have trouble remembering what exactly that is. I do remember schaudt manual for 18A charger says min battery capacity is 60Ah. Extrapolating from that in your case would be 57A if my math holds up.

Archived