Merc Motorhome

Guest Bill Haylor

Bill Clive is your man for all things Mercedes. He seems to be off-line at present, possibly due to using his Merc motorhome! Regards Neal

• 2 weeks later...
Merc?. Well ours is now 8 years old and pre common rail but going very well. We too have recently looked at a Concorde, but not on the Merc but on an Iveco chassis with rear wheel drive. The cost difference between Iveco and Merc was lots! Personally I am content with our Autotrail Scout as we can (just) get it into some of our favourite haints and I have fitted all our extra little features that make it a very personalised vehicle. But the Mrs still hankers after our previous DIY motorhome based on a 1972 Bedford Duple Vista coach which had loads of room but an economy to match! We have just returned from 3 weeks in Canada and America visiting relatives, one who has a "Lazy Daze" small American RV. We spend a little time with it and took loads of photos etc. This small (my American standards) is a class C on a Ford base. It does 9.6 MPG(US gallons of 3.8 litres) Loads of grunt from the 300+ HP V10 6.8 litre lump though!. I wonder why they don,t sell many in the UK?

Archived