Microwave

tmdgts

I keep contemplating the microwave in our 2018 Bessacarr, I just do not use it and feel the space could be used for other more useful things and then there is the weight, no idea how much it weighs... I had a look at removing it and this does not look as straight forward as first thought, I was thinking about taking it out and seeing what it looked like first, has anyone any idea's how I go about taking the microwave out?

No experience of a Bessacar installation but microwaves which are "built-in" usually have a trim surround which is pressed into place and so comes off towards you. After that the removal is straightforward.

I removed our microwave because we rarely used it and have no regrets. Microwaves are heavy too, so you will gain payload.

Logically, if the microwave-oven was slid into its enclosure when it was installed, it should be possible to slide it back out.

The fact that the oven’s front lifts suggests that the oven is not screwed/bolted in place, but there may be something on the enclosure’s floor that is restricting the movement of the oven (eg. a couple of wooden strips or a couple of ‘indents) or the base of the oven at its rear has become stuck to the floor.

Try waggling the front of the oven from side to side to see if that frees it up, or slide something beneath it to see if you can raise up the oven’s base at its rear, or just give the oven a really hard tug outwards. If nothing works, check the outside sides and base of the enclosure for hidden screws.

I recently took out he microwave in our Rio 320. Once the surround bits were taken off, found that there was a piece of wood over the top of the MW that effectively pressed it down. I slid this bit of wood out, then I could lift up the MW...there was a metal plate under the MW that had holes in it that the feet sat in and effectively kept it from moving. Once there was space above the MW, you could then lift it up slightly and pull it out. Hope this helps...

Thanks for those people that replied. The microwave is now out, very similar process to what pusscat has said is how our MW is fixed in place.

As a matter of interest should anyone wish to consider removing the same unbranded microwave which apparently has been used by Swift and maybe others since around 2015. The plate on the back says the following:

Model BMSW20

Rated Input: 1250W

Rated Output: 800W

Rated Voltage /Frequency: 230V~50Hz

Microwave Frequency: 2450 MHz

I weighed the microwave and it was 13KG

The suppliers name is: AAUK Ltd from Castleford

Since discovering the model of this MW I have researched ans seen other people who have had to swap this MW out because it no longer works etc. and they have found direct replacement, in fact everything about the following 2 MW look exactly the same being sold as follows:

Worth noting Swift Dealer quoted one caravanner £272 for an replacement of the above model...

Alternatives:

Cookology BIM20LWG approx £107

Baumatic BMIS3820

Thanks again, a worthwhile exercise :-D

• 10 months later...
pusscat - 2019-08-08 6:53 AM

I recently took out he microwave in our Rio 320. Once the surround bits were taken off, found that there was a piece of wood over the top of the MW that effectively pressed it down. I slid this bit of wood out, then I could lift up the MW...there was a metal plate under the MW that had holes in it that the feet sat in and effectively kept it from moving. Once there was space above the MW, you could then lift it up slightly and pull it out. Hope this helps...

it actually helped, thanks

Archived