Milenco blocks

ant-75

Hi Clive, yes have had them for six years and they’ve been good for the job. They are pretty bulky, but they certainly give a great range of heights, unlike the yellow ones you see about. They also shed some bits every now and again, but nothing that renders them ineffective. Would I get another set? Well, I can’t really imagine I would have to, but if I did, I would. Hope that helps.

Mike

Yes I use them. I think they offer the highest lift on the market. Very useful on a Hymer as they tend to sit nose down on level ground.

They are heavy of course as they are very sturdy. Our set must be nearly 10 years old and apart from a few of the lattices bending slightly they show no signs of expiring.

Since they offer 4 steps, logically they take up more space than the Fiamma 3 step types. I am not sure that the curved ‘seats’ on each level have the same radius as my 16 inch wheels but see no problems. Similarly I wondered if the lattices would cut into the tyres, but there is no evidence of this.

Davy

I also agree with the positive comments re this product. I have used a set for 4 years with no issues.

If I remember correctly last time this topic was discussed Derek was not so impressed ( described as horrid things) so maybe his comments will give some balance to the thread.  Cheers,

After using a set of 'the yellow ones' for well over 10 years I have just bought a new set of the Milenco ones. The old ones went with my last MH.

Haven't used them yet so will report back in 10 years time (lol)

Personally I didn't like my Quattros as the profile of the wheel cutout simply didn't come even close to fitting a 15" tyre, let alone a 16" one. See the attached picture of an unweighted 15" tyre sitting on the leveller and you get an idea of the amount of tyre distortion there will be in use. It also means that moving from one step to the next puts a lot of strain on the clutch getting over those 'peaks'.

I'd recommend that you take a look at the Milenco Trident instead. Its 3 cutouts match the wheel size much better and it provides 10mm more lift than a Quattro.

http://www.milenco.com/products/levelling/trident-level

Capture.JPG.d17d45e5b80bb2a00d2646875fb16278.JPG

I have a set but find them too bulky to carry in the van ,they have a nice bag to live in,, I keep mine in the garage at home and only use them if I need to crawl under the van for things like oil changes etc, I have a yellow Fiamma set in the van , not so bulky ,so less space needed, I seldom use these either as I don't like to faff about too much getting level, we wild camp most of our time so one is not supposed to use them anyway,when wilding, we usually manage to get level enough with out using ramps,

They work for me !

I only drive up them forwards never reversed or used on the rear wheels.

If you have a single drain shower you may have to stagger the alignment. I need a cross fall of one bump / lift across the ramps to level out the shower drainage.

Rgds

Derek Uzzell - 2019-04-14 2:04 PM

The Quattro levellers have 30mm more ‘lift’ than the Trident versions

If Milenco's website accurately represents current models then the Quattro (200mm) seems to have been replaced by the Quattro 2 (160mm), just as the Triple (170mm) has been replaced by the Triple 2 (120mm), the '2' relating to the version and not the number of pockets.

The Trident seems to be unchanged at 170mm.

I had the quatro version but I used to pull the front wheels of the van onto chocks for winter (so the rain didn’t sit on the roof) and I changed to tridents as the tyres sat in the bigger ‘pockets’ better. I also found with the 15 inch wheels I didn’t need to leave the handbrake on at all, just left van in gear. The downside as expected was the fact that you do need a lot more revs and clutch slip to get the van onto the tridents compared to the quatros as there is a bigger pocket lip to get over on the tridents. I swapped vans last year and the new one has 16 inch wheels and I have to say that I find the pockets of the tridents do not fit the bigger wheels anywhere near as well as the 15 inch wheels and unless on the top pocket you need a good heave on the handbrake to stop the van rolling off them. I am toying with getting a set of Fiamma Jumbo levellers, or the Thule equivalents to try. All in all though I have found the Milencos to be very rugged levellers but they are BIG and HEAVY.

Archived