Millau Bridge

ColinM50

I know the bridge has been posted many times before and indeed I contributed to one thread since I was working in France in mid noughties and went there several times, but just saw this you tube on another site and thought you might like to see it esp if you're planning on going that way next year.

Keithl - 2019-11-15 2:30 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-15 1:00 PM

But that ain't the Millau viaduct! OTOH, this is.

But it does show up later in the video!

I didn't watch it to the end, as the bridge shown (though impressively tall) had no cable stays, so couldn't have been the Millau viaduct. I thought the originator of the link had just got their wires crossed. I'll have to have a look at the end.

Edit to say so it does, at 3:19 - 3:25. After that, it's back to the other (non-cable stayed) bridge.

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-15 3:56 PM

Keithl - 2019-11-15 2:30 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-15 1:00 PM

But that ain't the Millau viaduct! OTOH, this is.

But it does show up later in the video!

I didn't watch it to the end, as the bridge shown (though impressively tall) had no cable stays, so couldn't have been the Millau viaduct. I thought the originator of the link had just got their wires crossed. I'll have to have a look at the end.

The bridge in the opening title is clearly not the viaduct - but it does appear later.

Just a bit of artistic licence I reckon.

;-)

Barryd999 - 2019-11-15 3:59 PM

Love that part of France. Lots of great places in that area.

There is one not too far from Millau called St. Eulalie de Cernon. The aire is on the edge of the village just a few minutes walk from the centre which is traffic free. The village is a former Knights Templars stronghold and has been very well preserved. There is a museum and for something like €5 you can hire a little device that talks you through the various parts of the Templar's history as you walk around the village square and museum buildings.

Archived