Miller Winnipeg habitation door lock barrel

threewheels

hi everyone i am looking to replace my habitation door lock barrel on my miller winnipeg motorhome, i have tried all ebay and search engines i have written to just about every company i can find, asking do they supply this size barrel without any luck, the barrel is 18.5 diameter, 28mm long and a tang length of 39mm i believe the locking system its fitted into is a ...FAP M1 LOCK ASSEMBLY BLACK TYPE 2

ps i cant find a dealer for miller who can help miller are Italian and even using a friend who lives in Italy to email them we have had no help so on the off chance any of you guys have any suggestions i can replace the whole locking system for £150 but everything is working fine except the barrel

What do you mean by "long tang"?

The site I posted above sells both the complete lock indicated by threewheels and the cylinders (or barrels) for the FAP locks.

Also complete sets of cylinders in case you have lost a key or your motorhome has several keys for the various doors.

I'm not sure but by providing the key number it should also be possible to buy the single cylinder with that number.

Of course the problem is to identify a UK dealer.

Anything of use here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=fap+lock&rt=nc&_dcat=98855&_sacat=-1&vbn_id=7024786567&LH_ItemCondition=3&_fsrp=1

or here? https://www.outdoorbits.com/door-locks-c-156_5_23.html

The FAP lock barrels seem pretty easy to obtain. However, you need to strip the lock out of the door housing and then remove the barrel from the cylinder it's housed in. For that you need a 'special' key. I'd imagine your local locksmith would have one of those and could remove the barrel from the housing for you and fit your new barrel.

FD

Fred Duck - 2021-03-18 3:36 PM

... you need to strip the lock out of the door housing and then remove the barrel from the cylinder it's housed in. For that you need a 'special' key ...

FD

Or give a look to this short video:

Text is in Italian but I think it's straighforward or can be easily translated.

mtravel - 2021-03-18 2:26 PM

What do you mean by "long tang"?

The ‘long tang’ issue was mentioned on the 2019 link I provided in my posting of 18 March 2021 1:47 PM above.

A photo of the lock barrel showing the tang was included (copy of photo attached below with the ’tang’ arrowed in red) accompanied by the statement

still on the quest for a replacement lock barrel. The lock is a FAP 1

I can find a barrel for the lockers but not the habitation door

The barrel HAS TO HAVE A LONG TANG on the end as in the picture below

The later version of the lock (that is superficially identical externally) apparently has revised internals with the tang on the barrel being different. The later barrels are readily available but unsuitable for the lock fitted to Threewheels’s Miller motorhome’s habitation door.

92937283_longtangbarrel.jpg.763c74bbe968e6000e47ec7ae15b11f2.jpg

after further investigation i have found that this model barrel is inside a cylinder housing there is 3 parts 1,housing,2 barrel, 3 long tang i have found with other help 2 Italian companies that keep the original and up graded security parts,1 wont deal with the uk and the 2nd wants 50 euro delivery for up to 25kg parcel making the new lock and housing total 8 euro into 58 euro plus tax anyone else have any idea where this could be bought cheers chris

ps if you have already helped many thx

Archived