Mirrors

tomag

Hi All thinking of changing the mirrors on my LHD Hymer Exsis from long arm to short arm , has anyone done this and also does anyone where I can purchase LHD short arm mirrors as they are different to RHD mirrors

Hi, I also own a 2015 LHD Hymer EXsis 588i.

Last year my offside wing mirror was swiftly removed by a passing tractor doing about 110mph towing a very wide piece of agricultural equipment, I am pretty certain the driver did not even hear the loud bang that I did!

The base of the wing mirror was still attached to the bodywork with the severed electrical wires just hanging out.

My first quote for a replacement from a Hmyer main dealer was over £900, at this price I was thinking of claiming on my insurance!

I then realised that buses and coaches use similar items, I located one from Carlye Bus and Coach Company at a cost of £241.71, it was very easy to fit.

Here is the link you require: keith.obrien@carlylebusandcoach.com

SORTED.

RFC7

Your Hymer motorhome is an Exsis-i 588 (ie. an A-Class design) whereas tomag’s Hymer is an Exsis-t 688 (ie. a ‘coachbuilt’ design using the original Ducato cab-unit).

It’s certainly very useful to know that the bus-type mirrors fitted to many A-Class motorhomes can be obtained (relatively) cheaply from Carlyle Bus & Coach Ltd

http://www.carlylebusandcoach.com/

but, if Tom wishes to fit ‘narrower’ mirrors to his Exsis, he will need replacements that conform to the standard Ducato wing-mirror design as shown in Steve928’s posting above.

• 11 months later...
Hmm, not sure about this - sounds like a "vehicle modification" insurance companies always ask about, not surprisingly as some things people do affect safety. Are you sure you'll still be able to see behind as clearly? If your concern is the risk of them being hit by other vehicles, why not get a pair of those bright yellow wingmirror protectors other folk on this forum have mentioned?

“Varonda” (who joined the O&AL forums on 18 June 2020) posted here yesterday with this thread coming out of almost a year’s hibernation as a result.

This thread’s initial posting was on 9 July 2019 and and the poster (“tomag”) last logged on to the O&AL forums on 15 February 2020.

(A number of ‘dead’ forum threads have been inadvertently resurrected recently, so it’s worth checking a thread’s previous postings' dates before directing advice/suggestions/comments towards earlier participants who may well not see them.)

Archived