Mobilsat

John swift

Hi anyone know where i can get my Mobilsat satellite receiver updated i had this done in 2014 it cost me £15. By Miriad products Ltd but spoke to them and they say the person who did this for them has left and no longer offer this service any help would be greatly appreciated

Which Mobilsat system?

Seaflo are now the agents, they are pretty useless, I have an Isat and paid several hundred pounds for a new and updated control board 18 months ago, it's been a long saga of wrong parts and at no time have they ever rung back when they have promised too. I'm hoping that the latest part is sitting in there warehouse now, later this week I'll need to phone them yet again so they go and check the shelves and send it out.

John swift - 2021-05-14 11:06 PM

I will have to take it out and let you know but dont think it a seaflo cheers

Seaflo are the UK agents for Mobilsat.

The model will determine if you can update it yourself by downloading update to sd card, or have to get updated controller.

The old agents could update for you, the new agent have little if any knowledge of the different systems.

• 2 weeks later...
John swift - 2021-05-24 10:53 PM

Cheers all when i get time i will remove it and let you know cheers :-)

Finally got it out stripped it down but no slots for sd or any other cards think it needs plugging in to something seen one on eBay awaiting a reply from seller to see if its up to date or like mine he has the same problem and just getting rid

Thank again

• 3 months later...

After 1 year 10 months Seaflow have said Mobilsat are not updating their iSat product, I was told that parts are no longer manufactured for them, that is a peculiar statement to make as the updates have always been by software to tell it to 'look' for a different frequency, and that was the problem Astra2 shifted frequencies once again.

I suspect someone with more knowledge than me could update it.

Archived