Mobilvetta K Yacht

Yorkyrunner

We looked at the Mobilvetta as our potentially 3rd motorhome

Agreed, they do look good value on the face of it but after closer inspection, it was clear that they were built down to a price and I did wonder how they would fare after a few years use. The payload may also need upgrading to a usable level from memory

There is also the concern over the service you'll get from the only dealer you can buy them from which based on reviews (and personal experience) is variable at best.

You need to really want a new A Class and have a restricted budget to purchase one I'd say.

For ‘hands on’ feedback for Yacht models it might be worth using the Facebook page of the Mobilvetta Motorhomes UK Owners Club

https://en-gb.facebook.com/mobilvettakyacht/

There are plenty of ‘low cost’ A-class motorhomes being marketed nowadays, so there’s no need to take out a 2nd mortgage if that’s the vehicle format you want.

(For what it’s worth, in France Mobilvetta’s A-class range is priced from €67600 - €78490, while Burstner’s A-class range is priced from €64490 - €77990. So presumably French buyers would consider the Burstners as the more ‘budget’ oriented.)

I had a MH 85 owner in my my club and looks nice and durable. You can have them also on AL_Ko chassis noe and fiat of course. A class is plastic and wood put on a steel chassis cowl. No any door wll close properly. In case of alu walls you will get dents in it. Cleaning the thing is a job. The front screen wipers never match and make wind noise. To open the bonnet and close properly takes some time to learn. In my my club most of them are not locked 100 percent. And i can go on for some time. it is just appearance.

Derek Uzzell - 2019-03-26 6:52 AM

If you want a new A-class motorhome that’s not run-of-the-mill and not too expensive, you might consider the Itineo brand. There are only three UK dealerships

https://www.itineo.co.uk/motorhome_concessionnaire.php

but the asking-prices are attractive and, nowadays, the specification is pretty good.

https://tinyurl.com/yxwahtj6

Unfortunately it is all too apparent why the price is attractive when you have a look around one. I was a bit suprised to find the FB650 (which was on my short list earlier this year) is supplied on the high "commercial" chassis, not the low level "motorhome " version, and the upholstry was very thin & poorly fitted.

The Roller Team Pegaso range look to be better built & specified than the Itineos, but the 590 has insufficient storage for us & the 740s are too long & tight on payload. If the available layouts suit, the Carado / Sunlight A classes also look good, with a bit more realistic payload.

Nigel B

Itineo has always been a Rapido Group sub-brand targeting particularly younger families with small children (hence the bunk-beds on some models) where cost will be more important than technical sophistication. The standard Ducato ladder-chassis has been used for Itineo A-class motorhomes ever since the brand was launched.

Thanks again. We have looked at the Itineo and we prefered the Rapido which are about the same money as the K Yaht however they are priced in the same region but the K yaht is a lot more value for money and the finish seems as good as the Rapido. Years ago we bought the new Kia Sorento (18k as against a Discovery at twice the price)l when they were unknown and a lot cheaper than equivilent 4x4,s and that turned out to be a cracking buy.Even won Towcar of the year. Look at the prices of them now they have become established, this may be the reason I quite like the idea of taking a chance on the K Yacht.

Mobilvetta is a long-established motorhome brand with a good reputation. As mentioned on the following link, Mobilvetta used to be part of the S.E.A. Group that, in 2013, was integrated into the huge Trigano Group.

https://www.motorhomescampervans.net/trigano-group/mobilvetta-motorhome-group/

As Sydney1 said above, currently the sole UK Mobilvetta agent is Marquis Sussex, but the picture below and the map on the following link shows that there are quite a few Mobilvetta dealerships abroad.

https://mobilvetta.it/2018/centro-vendita-ed-assistenza/?lang=fr

1538766426_Mobivettaagents.png.886842b67e8f81d459ddf939575dc915.png

Derek Uzzell - 2019-03-27 7:24 AM

As Sydney1 said above, currently the sole UK Mobilvetta agent is Marquis Sussex

I think there are about a dozen Marquis dealerships around the country, and they will all be selling the Mobilvetta brand. At our nearest Marquis - at Ivybridge, Devon - there were three Mobilvetta motorhomes on show last time we looked, including a K-Yacht 80.

However, the Marquis reputation is something that has put us off in the past.

Regards,

Laurence - 2019-03-27 8:13 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2019-03-27 7:24 AM

As Sydney1 said above, currently the sole UK Mobilvetta agent is Marquis Sussex

I think there are about a dozen Marquis dealerships around the country, and they will all be selling the Mobilvetta brand. At our nearest Marquis - at Ivybridge, Devon - there were three Mobilvetta motorhomes on show last time we looked, including a K-Yacht 80.

However, the Marquis reputation is something that has put us off in the past.

Regards,

Your final point was the key thing for us in the end, even though the Surrey branch is only 10 miles away.

Went there recently to get some gas and pretty disappointed to see how shabby it was and low stock levels of accessories. Poor overall reputation and we've been giving our business (3 new motorhomes in total) to a couple of well respected dealers on the South Coast. Reputation matters

Thanks again,good feedback.I have also heard the dealership is not wel thought of however some friends of ours bought a late model 2nd hand van and Marquies have so far been very good at dealing with the issues they have so far found on it and gave them a good price on there partex. They are also in the top 3 of PX offers we have had so far so on our MH.So the juriy is still out.

Archived