Morrison's and LPG – good news?

BruceM

Having read about some motorhomers being turned away when attempting to fill their refillable LPG systems I thought that I’d try to get a definitive answer from Morrison's who just happen to be my nearest (as yet unused) LPG facility.

Their response is

I've double checked this for you and customers are able to fill up their Motor homes with LPG gas in our fuel stations, including Strood.

Kind regards

Khadiza Begom

Customer Assistant

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets PLC

ref:_00DD0ojDb._500D01RUgIe:ref

When I posed the question I made it clear that I was planning to let the forum know the response so I’d like to think that this is a definitive and well thought through response.

The Morrisons ‘blanket ban’ was evidently still in place 12 months ago, so it’s to be hoped that their outlets that offer LPG have been officially advised that the ban has now been lifted.

Suggest you check with your local Morrisons outlet, as it would be irritating to turn up there with your motorhome, be forbidden to refill your LPG system and then have to argue about it with the attendant.

BruceM - 2017-05-14 11:22 AM

By way of a postscript – filled up with LPG at Morrisons today – and they wished me a happy holiday.

I don't have a refillable system at the moment, but that does sound encouraging news.

Thanks for pressing the company to clarify the situation - and good to hear your experience locally was positive!

Our new Autotrail which we will be collecting in another week or so's time, has an underbody 25lit gas tank, Whilst this will be filled by our dealer initially, and I think that will last us most of the next 12 months (based on previous calor cylinders usage) Is it a simple procedure to refill this at any garage which sells LPG? Do you require/ have available an attendant/member of staff to assist??

bobalobs - 2017-05-14 5:15 PM

Some garages leave you to it but we try to use Shell garages as during the daytime they have pump attendants who will fill the van for you like in the old days!

Sounds like a good idea, as there's a bit more to filling LPG than good old diesel I would think!! ill keep an eye open for any Shell garages round here! I assume the pumps for LPG are situated away from the general area of the fuel pumps?

I bought my first van around 2001 after coming out of a long stay in hospital. It was A '94 Fiat Autosleeper Rambler GL I was going for an Autohomes VW type 25 but seeing the Autosleepers at a show and that they had a toilet and shower I soon changed my mind. Sinse then I've had 3 A/S van conversions, two large A class Hymers and A Rexhall Ayrbus 35ft. And the one I've had the most enjoyment from? An Autosleeper pop top on a Mercedes Vito '98 So I would say I wish I'd have known, for me, big is not best.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived