Motor Home first service

keen canary

Hi to all,

We have an Eldiss Autoquest 115 on a Peugeot Boxer first reg 2018 and is now due it's first service, ie oil and filter change, plus pollen filters. Brake fluid change is optional and there is a possible recall on a brake pipe. I have been quoted £365 inc vat at a Peugeot service centre without the brake fluid change and this includes a pick up and drop off when finished. ( Still not going out much due to C19).

Two questions. Does this seem a reasonable charge? and what's the position regarding the warranty if I use a non Peugeot but reputable service centre hopefully saving a few quid. Assuming they will pick up and drop off as well.

Thanks all and looking forward to any replies.

Keen Canary

Hi,

Sounds about right for what is supposed to be a two year service, maybe a bit cheaper by us where there is more competition (Birmingham)

You can have it serviced elsewhere but you have to use genuine Peugeot or Whatever the manufacture happens to be.

Personally, I would use a main dealer for as long as the warranty is in force.

I had to have to items fixed under warranty the rough total cost of repairs would have come to around £1600.00.

Not saying it wouldn't have been done under warranty by the main dealer but perhaps a bit reluctantly. lol

Pete

Why not have the brake fluid tested first, whilst not compromising on safety I would have thought a longer period would be ok. I had a 2012 boxer and had the fluid checked at two and three years was ok, slight determination on year four but showed ok but changed it,

Had my 2017 Peugeot Boxer Eldiss 196 first service last week by a chappie I use for all my vehicles.

He does it on my drive. He insists on ONLY using genuine Peugeot parts and buys his oil and filter from local Peugeot dealer. Changed hydraulic fluid too. Took him 3 hours and he chagrged £219 inc parts and VAT and stamped the book which I checked with Peugeot is totally correct and warranty, or whatever's left, is still valid.

BTW Peugeot dealer are OK with this since they can't get it in their workshop and the little luvvies (Mechanics) won't lie on the floor, will only work from a ramp. 8-)

keen canary - 2020-05-27 10:26 AM

Hi to all,

We have an Eldiss Autoquest 115 on a Peugeot Boxer first reg 2018 and is now due it's first service, ie oil and filter change, plus pollen filters. Brake fluid change is optional and there is a possible recall on a brake pipe.

A brake pipe check/correction applies to a large number of Boxer/Ducato/Relay vehicles built between mid-2016 and mid-2019. The relevant VIN-number range is given here:

https://www.vehicle-recall.co.uk/recall/R/2019/382

The equivalent Ducato-related brake pipe recall was mentioned here in February 2020

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fiat-recall/54569/

and a Fiat Professional agent later told me that, of the several hundred Ducatos they had so far checked, just two had the brake pipe not fixed correctly./damaged and requiring remedial attention. (Obviously, in your case, you should not expect a non-Peugeot service centre to carry out this sort of work.)

Archived