Motorhome Alarms

sandalwood

Hi Ian,

No CO2 alarms are very rare and not fitted in motorhomes, the fridge will not have CO2 in it anyway. The only danger from the fridge is when used on gas, if it is not sealed properly in which case carbon monoxide (or CO its the same thing) can leak but you say you have one of those alarms fitted anyway

Think you have the two main essential alarms, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide.

I did once have one of these LPG alarms fitted which detects amongst other things incomplete combustion of LPG gases etc. thought it a good idea at the time, what I didn't realise that virtually every type of aerosol utilises butane as a propellant, so every time the other half did her hair to me chasing flies and bugs it set the alarm off, it didn't last that long before it was disconnected.

Besides the above I have a lpg detector/alarm whci I use to check if the gas bottle is leaking especially after change over. i have also fitted a Gaslow Adaptor gauge which means I don't have to use a spanner to change the bottle and also it indicates how full the bottle is and whether there is a leak in the system.

https://www.gaslowdirect.com/epages/cyujrhdmmu67.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/cyujrhdmmu67/Products/01-1610

rooster63 - 2019-10-10 11:13 AM

Besides the above I have a lpg detector/alarm whci I use to check if the gas bottle is leaking especially after change over. i have also fitted a Gaslow Adaptor gauge which means I don't have to use a spanner to change the bottle and also it indicates how full the bottle is and whether there is a leak in the system.

https://www.gaslowdirect.com/epages/cyujrhdmmu67.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/cyujrhdmmu67/Products/01-1610

This is a bit off topic, but the pressure gauge the Gaslow adaptor will NOT indicate how full the bottle is. It will show a fairly constant pressure dependant on ambient temperature, until all of the liquified gas has been used and only compressed gas remains, at which point the pressure will start to fall.

Alan

Archived