Motorhome Graphics

jobboyce

I have a RollerTeam Pegaso 740 2017 and for the past six months or so I have been trying to figure out what I had done that was causing the graphics on the near side to go Brown (looks like someone has sprayed them with brown paint as I was passing a 40mph) Having spoken to Graphics experts they tell me it is the UV coating breaking down (but the norm would be after 7 years)

So off to the dealer and guess what, "oooo never seen that before, we only sell them, only guaranteed for 12 months, it's made by the Trigano group so it can't be faulty, but I will get you a price."

Now is it me, but there is always a first, a faulty batch, one out of every 1000 that fails ???

Does any one have any experience of this, advice that may help me and possibly others or is it just a heads up to every one re their graphics.

I suppose it could always be a Friday after siesta M/H

:'(

IMG_0452_640.jpg.d193fc7208fda94e50d074a92ddee9d1.jpg

My take is that the motorhome manufacturers are using ever poorer quality vinyl for their vans. These cheaper types can last only 2-3 years at most before fading and peeling.

You just have to look at the higher end vans such as Frankia and the slightly older Morelos to see that these problems exist across the spectrum of vans types, from lower to high end.

I'm on one particular high end motorhome forum where every fifth post mentions how their decals have faded after 24-months and what can be done to rectify the issue.

A sad shame eh!

Andrew

Hi Robert, my 2015 AT Tracker has been struggling with decal fade for the last three of five years. The bonnet decal was first due to heat from the engine causing cracking of the decal and fading caused by ultraviolet. In a former life I have worked for a decal printing company and we produced a run of decals for shop windows in red. In the bright sunlight they started fading within a month. Reason was we failed to coat the decals with a uvresistant varnish. My vehicle is parked in the open with the side of the vehicle facing to the west is showing more fade than the other sides. Bottom line is over time all decals will fade. Ideally my next MH will be all white or all silver with no decals if I can convince the MH supplier to cooperate. Cheers,

I visited the Hymer factory in 2010. It took about three minutes (literally) to apply the decals to one side of a coachbuilt.

A local graphics company may be able to replicate apply and protect if the deler price is unacceptable. Its worth an enquiry at least.

The damage to these decals looks odd in that the discolouration seems isolated to the areas above the windows. This suggest that maybe there has been heat damage from high temperatures generated by the black windows/surrounds in the sun. Alternatively, some reaction to solvents in the sealants used in the window frames?

The picture didn't appear when I first posted-up but that is shockingly bad.

It looks like two possible causes to me: a.) A chemical reaction with the vinyl and the mastic join, b.) Degradation from extreme and constant exposure to water.

I am told by the experts that it is due to Sun on that side (when parked at home) and the black windows have exacerbated it. Other Graphics further back are following the same pattern (but as it took me a while to get the photo small enough I only put the one)

I now await Trigano's response (via the dealer) Mean while I will continue to advertise the " Quality of RollerTeams Graphics "

Pity there are no Shows....... I could take a stand to advertise........ Graphics

:-D

Robert

Archived