Motorhome Insurance for Northern Ireland residents

Guest Keith

Guest Keith
I have carried out a search on the past insurance topics, but most of the companies recommended do not quote for Northern Ireland residents. Can anybody recommend a company who will provide cover? The camper in question is a VW Westfalia 1987 and my wife and I are in our 40's. Thanks

Guest wendy curry
Yes, keith - it is difficult to get insurance in northern ireland as most mainland companies dont cover here. Contact Noel Humphries Insurance Company in portadown and they ll sort it out at a very good rate. The only draw back is that all policies run April to April - good luck

Guest keith
Hi Thanks for the advice. I eventually got fixed up by a company in Dublin,Dolmen insurance, as quotes in the North were very high! It is a real palaver though as I have to get an engineers report, take 5 photos of the vehicle from front back and sides plus the gas installation. Additionally I phoned the biggest motorhome seller in NI to see who they used for insurance, but he refused to tell me even the name of a broker, under "FSA regulations"! Crazy!

Guest wendy curry
keith if you had gone through humphries in portadown the policy is actually run using dolmen in dublin. most motorhomers in the north do it that way. there is none of the palaver you are having and i would imagine the policy is exactly the same

Archived