Multi-trip annual insurance

John S

Guest John S
Where travel insurance is concerned the fine print and exclusion clauses need to be closely examined. Not many companies cover you if you are older than 65 let alone over 70 or more. We use LloydsTSB Gold account. Travel insurance is free so long as you keep at least £2000 in your account. There are other perks as well. We find that the loss of potential interest more than covers the benefits. It would be interesting to learn of other companies that cover the more wrinkly ones among us.

Guest Don Madge
John, We are over 70 with pre existing medical conditions, it's an absolute minefield. On our three month trip to OZ earlier this year we paid £500 alone in insurance. I have my van, travel/medical & house insurance all with Comfort (Norwich Union). Being away for up to five months in one trip was a big problem untill I discovered Comforts combined policy for Motorhomers. There not the cheapest on the market but they fullfill our needs. Safe travelling Don

John The CSMA covers travelers at any age. The policy premium refers to 75 years and above! The cost is reasonable but you have to be a member at approx £12 per year. Regards Neal

Guest Steve O'Reilly
The Camping Club multitrip personal insurance for 12 months cost me £104. I'm in my early fifties and I don't know whether it increases with age. The age limit is 80 years old. The additional cost of vehicle cover for the same 12 month period was small, between ten and twenty pounds I think. I can't remember exactly as I have RAC European cover for a lot more but it also covers my car and motorcycles. Steve

Guest Brian Ramsden
The Lloyds Gold cover is limited to, I think, 42 or 45 days per trip. I have been quoted £186.75 by www.mrldirect.co.uk for myself and my wife, age 68. This gives cover upto 120 per trip with no limit on the number of trips or maximum number of days out of the UK each years. This is the best cover I could find on the web.

Guest audrey shaw
We are in our early 70`s and use Camping + Caravanning Club`s Carefree multi trip insurance. Cover can be up to 180 days in one year. One has to pay extra fo pre existing medical conditions.

Guest John S
Thanks for all your comments. It's certainly a minefield and needs a great deal of research to find the best deal for the more senior motor-caravanner. I don't think I would go abroad though without adequate medical cover and would not solely depend on my E111. I know of people who did just that , were taken seriously ill in Spain and had to be flown back to the UK. The bill was frightening. John S

Guest pete walker
hi, try a company called free spirit,they do have on line booking, i have used them with pre exsisting medical conditions but i don't know about the age bit. pete

Archived