Multi trip annual insurence

Guest Mick Brighton

Guest Mick Brighton
Hi Do you know of an insurance company that will insure for more than 90 days? We plan to be away a lot this coming 12 months and 1 trip may be for 100 days or so. We are finding it difficult to locate a company that will do multi-trip annual insurance without the inconvenience of returning to the UK on day 90 to clock-in before returning to the mainland. Who do you use and how much do they charge please. Mick

We used the Caravan Club this year they allow 180 days total & 90 days per trip, but no check on when you go or return Saga do a full year (365 days) but yiu must be over 55 Camping & caravanning club cut the trip length down to 60 days for some reason - They used to give you an unconditional 180 days

Guest Brian Ramsden
Assuming you are wanting medical nsurance, then try Flexicover at www.flexicover.com/main.jsp and MRL Insurance at www.mrlinsurance.co.uk

Guest Rodger Hilton
There is no check until you make a claim, then I expect that they would want to see copies of your travel tickets - out and return. Rodger

Guest Steve O'Reilly
I've been using the Camping Club's multi-trip insurance for many years without ever having to make a claim. I have made several trips every year to France as well as a winter stay in Spain (and Portugal on one occasion). I was concerned in reading above that it had been restricted to 60 days per trip so I've just looked at the policy that expires at the end of this month and the replacement which starts in September. They are significantly different. My current policy excluded Spain and Portugal without an additional premium and was valid for 183 days per year. A trip within the year could be up to 183 days long. This was news to me as I've never paid an additional premium for Spain/Portugal. The new policy includes Spain and Portugal for multi-trip policy holders without additional premium and the same 183 days limit applies to time abroad and the maximum length of any trip. For the insurance to be valid, a return ticket must have been booked prior to departure. I think I'll read the rest of the policy to see what other changes have been made. Steve

Guest Mick Brighton
Thanks for the 5 prompt return emails. I was asking about personal insurance, the van is no problem. We have looked at a number of insurance policy documents on the Internet and all have some limitation, mostly to do with the length of time one can be away. 30, 40, 90 days but you must return to the UK to start the next period of cover. No chance of phoning up from France and asking for an extension, I ask, "no sir you must start and finish each period in the UK". So who has what policy and how long are you covered for? The 5 replies were useful will follow up some advice tomorrow and will let you know how I get on. Mick

Guest Don Madge
Mick, My annual travel/medical insurance with Comfort is for a maximum of 180 days single trip. I can return home and do another trip of 180 days if I so wish. Don

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mick brighton
any ideas on house insurance while away for extended periods. we are going away in september and our insurers of buildings and contents (Lloyds) have informed us we must return by Christmas or they will reduce our cover to fire, lightning, explosion and earthquake only (with no reduction in premium) and that they may refuse to insure us at all uf we go away again for a long time!!!!

Archived