Mystery

Mickt

Just looked under MH and found on floor a pad could be rubber type ,size 6.5x5x22. This is made from 2 pieces stuck together. The only thing I can think of it was a pad from where the spare wheel was fitted under and this stopped any vibration.Spare wheel s carried under bed now.Any ideas welcolm

Mick,

Our Ducato is a 2006 x244. Rubber pad measures 380 x 48 x 15. Mounted on transverse floor stiffener. Pad has what appear to be two screw caps at either end. I assume that fixing is self tappers. I would guess that fixing centres are about 340, but difficult to measure through spokes of spare wheel.

I assume that your dimensions are in cms. Please note that convention is to assume mm when units are not given. (For example a 20 metre beam would be shown on a drawing as 20,000.)

Alan

There is a flat area that roughly fits, mine must have stuck on so is now redundant as some years ago I put spare wheel under bed and cut the wheel cage off, surprised how heavy it was. My thinking was getting the spare out if you had a puncture..I think mystery solved

• 2 weeks later...
Mickt - 2019-05-27 8:37 PM

There is a flat area that roughly fits, mine must have stuck on so is now redundant as some years ago I put spare wheel under bed and cut the wheel cage off, surprised how heavy it was. My thinking was getting the spare out if you had a puncture..I think mystery solved

I have same age van ( Ducato 2003 ) and the same thing happened to me yesterday.

For info ( in case anyone else has the ' problem ' ) I attach a couple of pics.

The rubber pad measures about 6cms across and appears to stop the spare wheel rattling.

It wasn't stuck to the underside of the floor - a protrusion on the top of the pad pushes through a hole in the floor.

From the pic of the underside of my floor it looks as if there is still a bit of rubber stuck in the hole - so I reckon it just perished and broke off.

I plan to clean the bits up and glue them back.

spacer1.jpg.29343fd542a6cc2a08267407f1168251.jpg

spacer2.jpg.f524d544fbc133db99b6dca99cdc48dd.jpg

Archived