NEC

Pete-B

Hi, Were going to the NEC tomorrow, does anyone know if any exhibitor there is likely to be selling taps, that is, kitchen taps and in particular, the Reich Vector taps? Or perhaps someone can recommend a good supplier.

Appreciate any help.

I believe that, when Reich exhibits at the NEC, they only have a ’display’ stand (aimed primarily at trade visitors) and don’t sell anything directly to retail buyers. That ’s what they told me a few years back, though they will be happy to help with questions about their products.

As PCC says, CAK may have the Vector taps for sale on their stand.

There are several UK on-line sellers of Reich taps, so it’s really just a matter of choosing the right model of tap and the asking-price.

Yep, just got back from the NEC, had a chat with the guys on the Reich stand, very helpful with questions but don't sell to public. They did say I could send my old tap into them and they would look to see why it failed.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Pete-B - 2018-10-17 8:19 PM

Yep, just got back from the NEC, had a chat with the guys on the Reich stand, very helpful with questions but don't sell to public. They did say I could send my old tap into them and they would look to see why it failed.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Just out of curiosity, what failed on your tap? If yours has a microswitch and this is what failed, it might be under rated to drive the pump.

My van has a separate tap for drinking water and this tap's microswitch drives a submersible pump inside a 20 ltr drinking water container. My tap also failed where the microswitch got quite hot (it had a high electrical resistance).

The switch that was in my tap was only rated at 2Amp which is too low to cope with the peak current of the pump (the pump takes a higher current when it starts).

I replaced the microswitch and used a transistor to drive the pump instead (you could also use a small relay).

A replacement Reich Kitchen Tap for my Burstner was quoted at around £140. 8-)

I bought an almost identical Comet (Komet) tap for less than £50 from my local Caravan Dealer. It is the same quality (possibly better) as the Reich range. I also notice that they do a good range of 12 volt Pumps at half the cost of Reich ones.

Archived