Narbonne Plage Camping Car Aire

ChasB

Its been six years since we went to Narbonne Plage and the aire on the beach. I understand that the aire has moved closer to Gruissan and is part of a campsite. Does anyone have any knowledge of the new aire and the cost per night. All advise would be appreciated.

Regards ChasB

Hello Derick

I went on your link @ https://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?numero=30938

It only gives GPS location of Camping Campeole La Cote des Roses. No details of the aire or tariff.

I then went onto Google earth and Camping Campeole La Cote des Roses is only a short distance towards Gruissan from the old aire site at the Aquajet Park. The satellite view from this year clearly shows the new aire at the entrance to the camp site but the street view from July 2012 still shows the old car park.

I then went onto the Camping Campeole La Cote des Roses website the only details for the Motor home area is that it has 117 pitches, one photograph showing the automatic barriers. It is open all year.

ChasB - 2019-06-23 11:51 AM

Hello Derick

I went on your link @ https://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?numero=30938

It only gives GPS location of Camping Campeole La Cote des Roses. No details of the aire or tariff...

The link I provided seemingly refers to the new ‘aire’.

It states that it’s open all year, has 117 emplacements and its position is alongside the campsite Campéole "La Cote des Roses”

The 2019 tariffs are stated as

Parking: 10,40 €

Water: 2 €

Electricity: 2 €/h

The 10,40 € parking tariff will be a per-24-hours charge as stated here

http://www.i-campingcar.fr/aires.php?ville=narbonne%20plage

There’s a French article about the recently-built aire on this link

https://www.loccitanieauquotidien.com/Narbonne-l-Une-nouvelle-aire-de-camping-cars-modernisee-a-Narbonne-Plage_a6749.html

with the (GOGLE-translated) text saying

A new area on Narbonne-Plage

As part of its sustainable development policy, the City decided to move the motorhome reception area near Aquajet in June 2018. This infrastructure no longer met the needs of users, particularly because of the lack of equipment which forced the motorhome to stay only three days maximum. This site has been converted into a parking area for all types of vehicles, with a capacity of 500 places, putting an end to the lawless parking in force along the departmental road and thus increasing the attractiveness of Aquajet and the new sailing base nearby.

The City mobilized itself to find a new site to allow the motor-campers to take advantage of the Narbonne's coastline. An agreement was concluded with Campéole, manager by public service delegation of the Côte des Roses campsite, for the development of a new area near this campsite, more friendly and with many services nearby.

A modernized welcome

For six months, important work has been done to develop this area. Thanks to an investment of 500 000 €, it now has 117 sites, with all the necessary equipment for user comfort: water, electricity, emptying areas, underground containers, lighting ... Eventually, this area will accommodate 167 vehicles at the same time. time, 57 more than the former motorhome area of ??Narbonne-Plage. Unlike the former Aquajet area, there is no maximum length of stay on this new site

Open year round

Thanks to the installation of automated access points, with automatic barriers, this area is accessible all year round. An installation that is adapted to the new practice of motorhomes, who no longer seek to travel only in high season but now want to enjoy the benefits of the other seasons: less attendance, different atmosphere ...

This development is thus an essential asset for the territory's tourism strategy!

(GOOGLE strret-view images always need treating with care - the view that relates to my home is 10 years old.)

Archived