New Edldis 2019 panel van CV40

Earthmover

Hi,

Anyone got a current Elddis panel van conversion?. How do you rate them?. Dealerships good or ones to miss out on.?. The Whale heating and hot water systems?, I know there common in caravans but not come across them in motorhomes or vans. Is the latest 2.3 Fiat X130 engine ok? any know problems showing up, can you get this engine with automated gearbox, recalls?.

Cheers Em

I can't be any help on the panel van but I do have experience of the Whale heating and water system on our Accordo, the water heating system is fine but the heating system is very noisy! On the night time electric heating is is just about bearable, however, on gas is is very noisy and difficult to sleep with if you have it on overnight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there any out there yet ??

Elldis normally build on the Peugeot base with their own engine (ad blue) not the Fiat 2.3 engine.

Maybe Elldis will build their PVC on the Fiat base now, following Hymer's buying the company.???

The Autoquest CV40 is (as it says on the Elddis website) built on a Fiat Ducato base with automatic transmission (“Comfort-Matic” robotised manual gearbox) as an option.

http://www.elddis.co.uk/elddis/autoquest-campervan/autoquest-cv40

On-line comments about possible ‘problems’ with Ducato Euro 6 powerplants here:

https://tinyurl.com/ybokg6b3

Thank you Flicka,

Thank you, The CV40 brochure says it's based on a Fiat 2.3 panel van, which many people drive. on other conversions?. they could comment on the 2.3 engine being adequate or under powered! etc, more so with an auto gearbox. The specific brochure for the CV40 makes no mention of an auto box being available for this model. My present M/H as a 3litre engine which is brilliant.

cheers Em

Most of the volume-production motorhome manufacturers (UK or Continental European) currently offer 6-metre-long panel-van conversions (PVCs) and there are plenty of UK smaller-volume PVC converters too.

The Elddis CV40 seems relatively inexpensive, but it would be necessary to look closely at its specification to establish exactly what one gets for one’s money. Swift offers the “Select” range, but the prices appear to be higher. Then there’s Chausson’s “Twist” built at the Auto-Trail factory at Grimsby, or the Benimar “Benivan” also built there.

Do you particularly want to buy a UK-built motorhome? Is there an interior layout that you must have? Is there a dealership near to you for the make you might be interested in? How much are you prepared to pay? These are just some of the things to consider...

Archived