New Forum software

Keithl

Good morning all,

I have just received an email from Daniel saying the new forum format is currently undergoing final tweaks to match Warner's web colours, etc. and the transfer of the many thousands of posts has commenced so deployment is 'imminent'!

He had no firm date to offer but will advise us all when the change is about to happen.

Keith.

Thanks Keith, appreciate the update, and well done to you for keeping an eye on the forum now that so many respected contributors have given up.

Credit too to Warners for their perseverance as they must be disappointed by the fall off of user log ons.

Keith, thank you for the heads up. It might be worthwhile for Daniel to email all registered users when they launch the new software. I am sure previous users have been put off by the recent glitches. Cheers,

Keithl - 2022-07-19 10:13 AM

Good morning all,

I have just received an email from Daniel saying the new forum format is currently undergoing final tweaks to match Warner's web colours, etc. and the transfer of the many thousands of posts has commenced so deployment is 'imminent'!

He had no firm date to offer but will advise us all when the change is about to happen.

Keith.

Mornin' Keith.

It will be very useful if the many years' worth of helpful threads will still be accesible? :-D

(although I dare say there will be a few of the , *cough* "multiple-personality" and "banned" types - shall we refer to them as "The boys in the banned"? - who would rather that their previous "contributions" would be erased... (lol) )

Slightly off topic- (and this was also raised by someone at the time)-

Did Warners "do" something to the adverts on here a while back? as in,increase them or the amount of "umph" that is needed to run them? because maybe 6-8? months back it became neigh on impossible to navigate this site using my little (non-adbloc equipped!) Amazon tablet.. The site became/is slow and erratic. ie- You think a page has loaded, so click an item, only to find you've opened something else?

It isn't an issue on the laptops (with adbloc) but it seems a bit more "involved" to get a worthwhile adblock on the* Amazon tablet (*maybe because they were designed as a "purchasing-portal" as much as anything? )

pepe63 - 2022-07-20 9:12 AM

Slightly off topic- (and this was also raised by someone at the time)-

Did Warners "do" something to the adverts on here a while back? as in,increase them or the amount of "umph" that is needed to run them? because maybe 6-8? months back it became neigh on impossible to navigate this site using my little (non-adbloc equipped!) Amazon tablet.. The site became/is slow and erratic. ie- You think a page has loaded, so click an item, only to find you've opened something else?

It isn't an issue on the laptops (with adbloc) but it seems a bit more "involved" to get a worthwhile adblock on the* Amazon tablet (*maybe because they were designed as a "purchasing-portal" as much as anything? )

Pepe,

Sorry but I can't help you with this as I run an adblocker but my suggestion would be to contact the forum administrator, link at bottom of page, and ask the question directly.

Keith.

Derek has gone, he's not here no more,

Just packed up his laptop and out through the door.

The forum we hope is greater than one,

Perhaps a few more can join in the fun

And help the confused to sort out their woe

So come on you folks please give it a go

Nothing is new when it comes to all issues

Perhaps you can help to sort out the blues

To all them what tries I offer up thanks

There's lots of us out there, and other van cranks.

ColinM50 - 2022-07-20 4:28 PM

No, No, No. we don't want this new software 'cos Derek said that when we get new s/w he's going to stop posting and we don't want to lose his expertise do we?

Colin,

Unfortunately Derek has already hung up his forum mouse. He officially resigned at the end of May.

So now you only have me to contend with :D :D :D

And love the poem Tracker ;-)

Keith.

Just Keith in charge, a one man army

Lets hope he don't send us raving barmy

Derek's views were sometimes grumpy

But Keith don't seem to get so humpy

The future's bright, the future's Warners

Lets hope new forum don't cut they corners

As smoothly is, as smoothly flows

Perspectives kept and humour grows

Sorry guys, best I could manage