New Motorhome CL Close To M4 Junction 18

Quackers

Thank you for letting us post here Admin and for the website link correction. We have only just opened and looking forward to meet you all, our current rate is £12 per night. It is a glorious day here in Sunny Sodbury, currently only one van parked up and plenty of room for four more vans. Please take a look at our website which is https://www.woodsidefield.co.uk

Thanks again

Quackers

• 2 weeks later...

Quackers

For reliable feedback it would be necessary for respondents to say which version of Firefox they are using, and on which device using which operating system.

I’m using Safari Version 12.1.2 and Chrome Version 85.0.4183.521 browsers on a 2009 Apple iMac desktop computer running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 and I don’t have any problems with your website. if I select the “Pitches” + “More Info” option, the £12 charge is clearly shown. Similarly when using Safari on my Apple iPad.

I can’t see why using the Firefox browser should prove problematical, but I’m not going to dowmnload it to my Apple devices tout of curiosity. (Presumably you’ve now tested with Firefox yourself and found no difficulties?)

The Firefox ‘issue’ was actually reported by “Fat Albert” (Ian Drummond-Harris) not “paulmold”, but I’m unsure exactly what on your website was not displayed when Ian accessed your website using Firefox.

It might be useful for Ian to use Firefox again to access your website as, when I selected “Pitches” at one point, I did not get what I had anticipated. However that seems to have been a transitory glitch as repeating the “Pitches” selection produced the full webpage with the £12 charge on it.

If Ian finds that Firefox still behaves differently from Chrome in this respect and he provides more detail, it MIGHT be possible to identify where the problem lies.

Quackers,

I had only previously opened your website in Google Chrome but just tried in Internet Explorer and get the same problem as Ian, namely a blank 'Pitches' page. See pic below.

In Google Chrome if I go back to previous page from 'Pitches' I get a URL which did not appear previously so seems to be some contrived link to get there https://www.woodsidefield.co.uk/pitches/rooms/

Keith.

2014547890_Woodsidesm.jpg.6af3b4305a1ac0a9945dff1ed039fcb7.jpg

Firefox 80.0.1

Windows 10 Pro version 1901

Generally the website appears to display just fine however it is relatively slow to load, so for instance the ‘pitches page’ mentioned above appears first as a blank page and then if I wait eventually populates with the picture and pricing information. It may be that your images are not optimised for internet delivery – ie too large. They may often be reduced in ‘byte size’ without a significant reduction in visual quality. Doing so can dramatically improve loading times.

Also, on the same page, the top right ‘Book Now’ button appears to do nothing. I think it is simply linked back to the page that is already displaying.

keith

Just looking with IE11 and I am also seeing the same issue. The site is not working well with that browser, getting anything changed now will be out of the question as the browser is obsolete. Looking at the website stats seeing very little traffic via Internet Explorer so I guess I need to detect if they are using IE and then advise them to swap to an alternative.

:-(

Thanks for your help guys this reminds me why I dislike working on websites, Derek really appreciate your input.

Brian

BruceM will check the picture sizes if you are seeing a lag it does point to an optimization issue and you are also correct on the blue book now, it is pointing back to the same page.

:-(

Seems I have some more work to do on the website this evening, cheers for the input guys.

Brian

Archived