Nightmare contacting Fiat

henrypartridge

Put a support request in, got a ticket number. Phone call today, missed it. It asked me to ring, the freephone number was "not recognised." Tried to use the Camper app, wouldn't take enough characters. Tried using their web contact page, the email wouldn't submit. Tried live chat, got an agent but no place to type a reply.

Finally made contact in Twitter, but it makes me wonder what chance I'd gave with Roadside Assistance if I needed it.

PS the Twitter team said some networks block 0800 numbers and they had tested the number. I can ring 0800s, theirs didn't work.

PPS Why can't they just publish an email address?

I contacted them on Twitter and they rang me promptly. The advisor was extremely helpful, an English lady called Carole based in Italy. She was married to an Italian.

Freephone number still not working, she couldn't understand it. There is an ordinary number which is based in London but the 00800 number us needed for breakdowns esp in Europe so that is a concern.

I'm concerned I won't be able to contact them for roadside assistance. My Tesco Mobile says number not recognised but trying on a friends EE it works fine. Interestingly the alternative 0039 number failed on both networks.

Has anyone been able to contact them on a MOBILE, not landline? And if so which network.

Help greatly appreciated, reluctant to buy separate breakdown cover but will have to if they can't be contacted in an emergency.

Hi Henry,

I contacted Fiat Recovery shortly before Christmas on my mobile using the Virgin network. I has no problems using the 00800 3428 1111 number and found the service and support to be first class throughout. Are you certain you are not missing a 0 off?

Henry

I have replied to your PM you sent earlier today. You mention breakdown cover in your comment here and I would point out that yes, Fiat do have European breakdown cover but there are certain limitations so please read the booklet fully to see what is covered when you are abroad, i.e. accommodation, another vehicle, etc. need to be looked at to see if it suits you whilst on holiday.

We also have yearly Red Pennant cover with the caravan Club just for the vehicle only as we have separate personal and medical holiday cover. The reason why we have Red Pennant is that it gives really good comprehensive cover for the motorhome and if you are unlucky enough to have an accident or a problem then they really come into their own and get you help and assistance - the Fiat cover is purely a breakdown policy. Of course there are other insurance cover that others use but for us Red Pennant is a legacy from our caravanning days - they helped us out once in trying to get a replacement power supply board out of customs at Charles de Gaulle airport when we needed it I a hurry. Friends of ours had an accident in France which wrote both the car and caravan off but neither of then were injured - they organised accommodation for them and sorting out the vehicles and had a replacement car and caravan for them within 2 days so that they could continue their holiday, so to me that is excellent service,

Alan

henrypartridge - 2016-01-23 1:00 PM

I'm concerned I won't be able to contact them for roadside assistance. My Tesco Mobile says number not recognised but trying on a friends EE it works fine. Interestingly the alternative 0039 number failed on both networks.

Has anyone been able to contact them on a MOBILE, not landline? And if so which network.

Help greatly appreciated, reluctant to buy separate breakdown cover but will have to if they can't be contacted in an emergency.

henrypartridge - 2016-01-24 1:37 PM

As I say, international calls not barred, plenty of credit. Tried Vida and EE, fine, seems to be an 02 problem.

I tried 00800 3428 1111 on my O2 (TescoMobile) phone for you Henry and got 'The number that you have called is not recognised'.

Henry

I have PM'd you in reply albeit only this morning.

I did try my wife's phone and yes, I got the 'this number is not recognised' message so definitely related to the Tesco / O2 network. Thanks for bringing this to all our attentions as, me being on Vodafone was quite base about it, but we do take both our phones away with us on our holidays in case one of them fails, etc.so it would have been quite a shock to find this problem on the Tesco network phone if we were away on our extended trips in Europe and needed to phone Fiat.

Let us hope that they resolve the problem soon.

Alan

Archived