No Visa but Permit after Brexit

Cattwg

I have just taken this off the Radio 4 PM news programme:

After Brexit UK citizens will have to buy a permit costing £6.30 to visit EU countries. UK citizens will not require visas but will have to apply for electronic approval under [ETIAS] the EU Travel Information and Authorization System.

It seems that this permit would be valid for 3 years and would cover the whole EU.

Cattwg :-D

But, be aware that you can only stay for 90 days in any 180 day period (under existing EU regulations). It is also worth pointing out that ETIAS is not yet running, and in the meantime you will probably not need a visa, but will get your passport stamped on entering, and again on leaving, to record the time spent in the EU/Schengen area.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-15 5:14 PM

But, be aware that you can only stay for 90 days in any 180 day period (under existing EU regulations). It is also worth pointing out that ETIAS is not yet running, and in the meantime you will probably not need a visa, but will get your passport stamped on entering, and again on leaving, to record the time spent in the EU/Schengen area.

Best you tell all those EU citizens that spend the winter here at Calpe Brian :D ...........

Oh and the Russians ;-) .........

Cattwg - 2018-12-14 6:06 PM

I have just taken this off the Radio 4 PM news programme:

After Brexit UK citizens will have to buy a permit costing £6.30 to visit EU countries. UK citizens will not require visas but will have to apply for electronic approval under [ETIAS] the EU Travel Information and Authorization System.

It seems that this permit would be valid for 3 years and would cover the whole EU.

Cattwg :-D

Don’t forget that’s just one thing, there will be no EHIC, unless there’s an agreement to continue as we are. What’s the chances? Unlikely. So don’t hold your breath. A drunk will be on soon.

Guest pelmetman
Mickt - 2018-12-16 9:04 AM

Just a thought but what about the long term winter campers at say a campsite in Spain who go there in september and return home in march. I know of one person who stays for 8 months every year

No worries here.........£6.30 every 3 years isn't going to break the bank :D .........

A Government spokesperson has allegedly indicated that the Minister for Caravan and Motorhome Staycation Affairs is in the final stages of entering a White paper on a 'Return to the UK Fee' for those who have the temerity to venture to Mainland Europe after March 2019.

This is specifically for Caravan and Motorhome owners who, after having a crippling €7 charge for a European Visa, will have to apply to return to the UK and have to pay for the privilege to return to their homes.

The Fee is not yet known but the proceeds should keep the Westminster Bars stocked in the coming years.

:-D :-D :-D

Just a thought but what about the long term winter campers at say a campsite in Spain who go there in september and return home in march. I know of one person who stays for 8 months every year

They will be coming home within 90 days or facing big fines and deportation, not sure what will happen to their vehicles. Perhaps Spanish plod will auction them or maybe just stick em in a crusher. :D

Thems the rules. All explained in Brians thread.

Barryd999 - 2018-12-16 12:48 PM

They will be coming home within 90 days or facing big fines and deportation, not sure what will happen to their vehicles. Perhaps Spanish plod will auction them or maybe just stick em in a crusher. :D

For Spain it's very unlikely anyone will be deported from a campsite, unless that is the local police get to keep the fine, much more likely that at the departure port the fines will be levied.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2018-12-16 1:03 PM

For Spain it's very unlikely anyone will be deported from a campsite, unless that is the local police get to keep the fine, much more likely that at the departure port the fines will be levied.

That should be interesting ;-) ........

As we've entered France 3 times and only left once in the last 24 months :D .......

colin - 2018-12-16 1:03 PM

Agreed.

Andy&Lou - 2018-12-17 3:40 PM

witzend - 2018-12-15 2:52 PM

29/03/2019 UK Independence Day ......

[/quote

Your goodbye EU hello world idea is brilliant.

One small problem how odes one get to the rest of the world in ones MH without passing through the EU?

Ferry, or fit wings and a propeller! :-)

Billggski - 2018-12-16 9:44 AM

Of course all this is dependent on an orderly exit and that we don't p*** our largest market by refusing to pay them what we owe them! ??

Dont think we actually 'owe' them anything once we have left, retired Ex UK MEPs can be paid by the state in the same way MPs are. And it would cost a lot less than 39 billion.

Of course any 'bullying' of UK citizens in the EU, could be recipricated to EU citizens in the UK, but WHY would they want to do that ? Silly schoolyard games.

Rayjsj - 2018-12-19 10:37 AM

Dont think we actually 'owe' them anything once we have left,...…………………..

We will ' owe ' them for our share of the cost of any projects - such as infrastructure - that we agreed to help pay for.

:-|

Unfortunately the answer is yes, we do owe them billions, the government has admitted as much.

Don't forget that we are one of the strongest voices in the eu, balancing the France/Germany axis that we are letting take over if we leave. A lot of the fake news about the eu was that it was "them" telling "us" what to do, which was a fantasy.

A lot of the future money allocated is for UK interests, we have committed to a budget and to renege on our debts is not a good start to a new relationship.

The eu's preparations for a no deal fiasco were published at 12 pm today, and reading them, there are a lot of temporary concessions allowing transport, commerce and finance to adjust over a period of time. If we refuse to play, then it really is a cliff edge.

I treat Brexiteers who think we can just walk away without paying anything the same contempt and mistrust I would potential clients who have the same attitude to paying their bills, I want nothing to do with them. First thing I look into if a client moves to me from another ICT provider is why they are leaving their current one. If they are dodgy payers I wont work for them.

I think the super trade deals out there that the Brexiteers were (once upon a time) so excited about are even more doomed if the rest of the world sees us defaulting on monies due. We are already looking completely untrustworthy. If the UK could be described as a fictional character right now it would be Arthur Daley.

Barryd999 - 2018-12-19 3:31 PM

I treat Brexiteers who think we can just walk away without paying anything the same contempt and mistrust I would potential clients who have the same attitude to paying their bills, I want nothing to do with them. First thing I look into if a client moves to me from another ICT provider is why they are leaving their current one. If they are dodgy payers I wont work for them.

I think the super trade deals out there that the Brexiteers were (once upon a time) so excited about are even more doomed if the rest of the world sees us defaulting on monies due. We are already looking completely untrustworthy. If the UK could be described as a fictional character right now it would be Arthur Daley.

Agreed from me.

Archived