Nordelettronica NE237

tviall

I have just upgraded my PWM controller to a MPPT solar controller and whilst checking the wiring before hooking up the batteries I noticed something I don't understand and would like some reassurance please.

The solar controller is connected directly to the leisure battery but when testing my connections with my multimeter set to continuity I noticed that the "B1 AUX Battery" positive terminal and the Negative terminal on the back of the Nordelettronica control unit seemed connected, ie my multimeter beeped indicating a complete circuit.

Everything works well in the van - I have no other issues (well, one which is around smart alternators and discharging leisure batteries once the starter battery is fully charged) - so I was surprised by this result.

I know aandacaravanservices sometimes post on here and I think they are familiar with the NE237 unit but I would be grateful for any advice and reassurance please.

Thank you

I am not familiar with the Nordelettronica control unit, but you cannot use a standard multimeter set to read continuity (or resistance) if you have a voltage across the two measuring points.

I would switch the meter to read DC volts first and check you don't have 13V or so between these two points.

tviall - 2019-05-29 4:04 PM

....................................................................................................................................................................

.... I have no other issues (well, one which is around smart alternators and discharging leisure batteries once the starter battery is fully charged)

.......................................................................................................................................................................

If this is a serious problem, may I refer you to the thread entitled "Improvements to leisure battery charging"

You can find this thread using the search feature. It is along thread so start reading initially from about 07/04/2019. I should warn you that the cure was not cheap.

Alan

................................................................................................................................

Link here (Derek Uzzell)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Improvements-to-leisure-battery-charging/50677/

Archived