Norway

Jack

Trying to organise a trip to Norway for later this month. Can anyone clarify if we need to have an electronic Tag for our motorhome which is over the 3.500KG (3.850 KG and also over the 6 meters)If that is the case any advice as to how I go about acquiring one.

Our route is likely to be from Puttgarden to Denmark and across the bridges and into Norway at Oslo but open to other suggestions would be good.

Many thanks

Jack - 2019-07-31 6:23 PM

Trying to organise a trip to Norway for later this month. Can anyone clarify if we need to have an electronic Tag for our motorhome which is over the 3.500KG (3.850 KG and also over the 6 meters)If that is the case any advice as to how I go about acquiring one.

Our route is likely to be from Puttgarden to Denmark and across the bridges and into Norway at Oslo but open to other suggestions would be good.

Many thanks

Puttgarden onwards is the way we went to Norway I had a 4.5 tonne Hymer at the time, nothing needed just go for it, the ferry from Puttgarden did not need booking just turn up and wait for the next boat, very frequent, as are most Ferries on your route, plenty of Aire type stopovers , in the 4 months of our trip we only used a Campsite for 2 nights and that was at Geiranger as we could not find a wild place, we encountered NO officials on our trip and just wandered at will all very easy, do not worry about toll road charges toll bills were sent to our home in England,number plate cameras, pay on line in Sterling with no penalties all so easy bridges are maned at toll booths so pay to cross,

Super route up through Sweden , we crossed into Norway from Sweden to GRONG all very easy the 2 ferries we use Germany to Denmark and Denmark to Sweden , cost us the same price in total as our return trip via the Oresund bridge, a must do thing,

You may wish to pick the bones from this thread:

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Scandinavian-Tolls/41216/

Subject to your plans (and also weather a quick return of the electronic box still gives you a pro-rata refund), a Bropas/Brobizz purchase may well save you a reasonable amount on the bridge crossing, and also provide an electronic toll capability.

(Note the statement on the website that, if you do a single return journey it will pay off - the amount will depend on the particular motorhome length/weight. I think it is still the bigger, the bigger saving)

https://www.oresundsbron.com/en/prices

Archived