Oil change interval - Euro 6 Citroen/Peugeot

Wortho

Hi Folks,

My 2016 Citroen Jumper (Relay) has now covered almost 20,000km but the oil change indicator says oil change not due for another 16,000km. This seems like a lot of mileage between oil changes so I am considering of doing an interim oil change myself before we head off on our next trip. This is the 2.0l Bluehdi Euro 6 PSA motor. I am just wondering if anyone with same engine has done an oil change as yet and if it was straightforward?

Hopefully they don't have a variable pressure oil pump that won't self prime as found with the Ford Rangers.

Cheers

Did mine in January on a 2017 Euro V1 Peugeot based M/H that had done 7,500 miles. Got it done by a non Peugeot dealer after confirmation from Peugeot that as long as genuine parts and oil was used it wouldn't affect my warranty. BTW my local Peugeot dealer couldn't fit it on their ramps and their mechanics don't like to lie on the ground, bless 'em. Peugeot would have done the job cheaper that the local garage so maybe ask your local dealer?

My opinion on oil is that we expect it to work hard in our vehicles and an oil change is a small price to pay to keep it in tip top condition - we all like a nice fresh drink now and again?

I say it is a good idea to do an interim change. Oil designed to last 30,000 miles is more of a pitch at fleet market sales than what is best for the engine. However good modern oil is ( and it's thin to help manufacturers meet emission targets rather than for any benefit to engines) it is continuously being affected by pollutants at every particulate filter regeneration.

You will however need access to diagnostic software to reset the ECU oil change counter, otherwise the engine may throw up a warning light and eventually go into limp mode unnecessarily because the ECU hasn't been told about the oil change and thinks it's older or in poorer condition than it actually is.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try and get a genuine filter to avoid warranty issues, however the OE is 9809532380 or OC 1397 (Non genuine) and I can only find the genuine in Germany (online). The van is currently in Southern Sweden so I will see if any local dealers have the filters but I know my inlaws paid over 200 pounds for an oil change for their older Citroen van so I could be in for a shock 8-)

I got an OEM filter from my local Arnold Clark dealer cost circa £13.

The part number is as you say 98 095 323 80.

Perhaps a friend could buy in UK and post to you.

You can also get the recommended Total Quartz Ineo First 0w-30W oil on e-bay from Parks of Hamilton and others at prices which are cheaper than buying branded oils ACEA C1 and C2 spec in say Halfords.

Archived