Old Motorhomes for New [2]

David

Guest David
Hi Guys, Having read the previous Old for New entry, I thought I would add my bit. We have bought a new Ace Milano Plus, from Marquis Surrey. We received the conformity sheet from Swifts before we had got the vehicle home, this gave us build dates etc. The tyres are dated 0305 the Vehicle was on our drive on the 9th May. Now I reckon that it must be fairly new. It arrived at Marquis late on a Friday afternoon we saw it and decided to have a look at it on the Saturday morning and decided to buy it. We were the only people to look at it before the sold sign went on the screen. As to the warrenty service costs I am sure that the figures we were given were a lot lower than have been shown on the Forum. Anyway I thought that there was a fixed charge laid down by the Manufacturer regarding service costs!! David

Guest Mike C
Hello David, The way that you have checked the actual age of the Ace Milano is exactly what Derek Uzzell was advising in the previous Old for New thread. That your vehicle has tyres date stamped Week 3 Year 2005 only dates the tyres, the base vehicle build date comes from the Vin No. Regarding service costs there does seem to be a little confusion in some postings. There are two service costs:- 1. The base vehicle eg., Fiat Ducato. Fiat Dealer. 2. The coachbuilt and habitation service eg., Ace Milano. Motor caravan dealer. In your case Swift Group may well lay down a fixed cost according to coachbuilt specification or the Motor Caravan Dealer ie. Marquis Surrey may have fixed cost menu servicing. In the case of the vehicle manufacturer all specify the service intervals, work and man hours but the servicing dealers normally apply their own labour rate and "Extras!!!". In some cases the vehicle may have variable servicing as in the case of some Volkswagens. This leads to widely varying service costs for the same work at different dealers. See thread "Second year service price" on this forum. Regards, Mike C.

Archived