Omnivent Roof Fan / Metronics.

Ninian

WARNING. !!!!!

Hi, In July last year I added a post regarding my faulty Fan. A reply was posted from a member " blaven " which mentioned the above business as being a source for repair. As my fan had gone faulty I made a note of the business and at the beginning of this month after sending and receiving e-mails, I removed the switch unit which was faulty and posted it off to them for a supposed 3 day turn around including £30 cheque payment. I'm still e-mailing them, rang the number on their website NO ANSWER goes to voice mail, left message to ring me and I still haven't received any contact from them. I looked at the address on Goggle Maps and its a private house not business premises. I am now assuming that this is a SCAM so if your Omnivent Fan switch panel goes faulty do NOT send it to METRONICS.CO.UK as like me you'll never see it again. The only thing they have done for me is cash my CHEQUE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. !!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE.

I eventually received the switch unit back only to discover it was wasn't repaired at all. As I said before the only thing they did was cash my cheque. I have now reported METRONICS to Trading Standards in Lancashire for investigation so that no other customers will suffer the same fate.

Archived