Orange Triangle Warning Light on Ducato

gdf

This might help someone with a Euro6 FIAT Ducato

Orange Triangle Warning Light on my 2017 2.3 130 Euro 6 Ducato regularly comes on when I first start up on a morning. It stays on BUT if I switch off after about 1/2 hour it probably goes out when I start up.I was told that it is usually a bulb gone but all lights are working OK.

Thanks to the response from a FaceBook group I found a pattern. If, when starting the engine, I got an oil level indication the light goes out BUT if I got no oil level indication it would stay on. At times I also got some low level indications.

FIAT Dealer says they have had info from FIAT that says that the oil level sensor is the problem BUT because changing is a long job it has to be proved that the engine battery is fully charged and - wait for it - I’m starting the engine properly! It is not as simple as turn on ignition and wait for the heater light to go out.

Sounds like the answer FIAT kept giving to reversing issues 10 years ago.

Dave

Aha, I might be able to help with this. 8-)

I have the same on mine. If I use reverse gear the orange triangle lights, but as soon as I switch off and back on again, the triangle's gone. I THINK it's an issue with the reversing camera that's wired into the rear lights. I could be wrong but it only started once I wired in the second camera. Not really an issue, just try switching off then back on.

Archived