Overnight in Portsmouth

Guest Rees

On Aug 23 we have booked on the P+O ferry to Le Harve sailing from Portsmouth at 0.30 hours (the last P+O sailing from Portsmouth). Is it possible to park overnight in the ferry terminal? Any suggestions will be very welcomed - so thanks in advance.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Hi Rees: Having revisited your earlier posting, I'm pretty confident you are actually going out on the 08:30 sailing to Le Havre. Much of the Portsmouth ferry embarkation area is now assigned to Brittany Ferries traffic, but, if you arrive there after the last P&O sailing has left (22:30) you should easily find room to park overnight, either in a P&O 'lane' or in the limited space available on the edgess of the parking area. Certainly that's what I'd do. Presumably you mean that the Portsmouth-Le Havre route is the only one P&O still operates from Portsmouth, not that your August 23 crossing will be the final outwards sailing? As far as I'm aware P&O will continue operating Portsmouth-Le Havre until end-September 2005 - in fact I was planning to use this route next month. Do you know something I don't??

Yes, Derek, many thanks for correcting my typing. It is the 8.30 hours sailing. Yes, and you are correct: P+O sail until the end of Sept 2005. After that I shall have to fork out much more to Brittany Ferries if I am to use the route from Portsmouth. The shareholder's discount has been very useful for our P+O sailings and I do not relish the long drive to Dover. Thank you for all your comments on parking overnightg in Portsmouth. When I phoned the Portsmouth Ferry terminal they stated that I should now use the new car park which costs £8 a night! But I am still planning to do as you suggest. Hope you are enjoying your new van.

Archived