Overnight parking regulations for motorhomes during Corona virus

KentMan

stvekay - 2020-06-22 8:17 AM

Dont you mean Dominic :-D

Either way you'd probably wait for ever.

so my policy is..

unless there is a Law saying you can't, then you can.

And by Law I mean Law, not police/politicians advice, or council notice.

I think we will need to wait for the briefing tomorrow from the PM to find out the details of the relaxation. The C&MC says it is planning to open most sites on 4 July (no specific mention of CLs). However the DT guess on what will be said tomorrow states that campsites with communal washing facilities will NOT be opening on 4 July. Clearly doesn't apply to most CLs but I doubt if Government info is detailed to know about the difference! Dick

DickB - 2020-06-22 10:01 PM

I think we will need to wait for the briefing tomorrow from the PM to find out the details of the relaxation. The C&MC says it is planning to open most sites on 4 July (no specific mention of CLs). However the DT guess on what will be said tomorrow states that campsites with communal washing facilities will NOT be opening on 4 July. Clearly doesn't apply to most CLs but I doubt if Government info is detailed to know about the difference! Dick

Yes, CLs are able to open on same timescale, so from 4 July in England if sites opening generally gets the go ahead. It says on their website:

“ Our network of Certificated Locations and Affiliated Sites will also be able to open from the same dates, however, our Affiliated Sites and CLs in Northern Ireland can open from 26 June.”

But of course being able to doesn’t mean they all will.

And please don’t join the urine extractor brigade lIke the “gentleman” above who contrives to have unforeseen problems on day trips! We’re getting a bad enough reputation in lots of areas as it is!

aandy - 2020-06-23 10:40 AM

"unless there is a Law saying you can't, then you can."

There is a law saying you cannot spend the night away from home except in a few very specific circumstances.

I'm at home - motor home :-D

John52 - 2020-06-23 11:50 AM

There is a law saying you cannot spend the night away from home except in a few very specific circumstances.

I would love to see you trying to argue that one in court.

ham - 2020-06-22 2:28 PM

It is law in Wales no overnight parking , travel 5 miles from your home address.

The law will not be relaxed until at least July 13th,Announcement expected 6th or 9th July

Anounced last Friday the "stay local" (recommended limit 5 miles, more if you are in a rural area) is being relaxed from 6 July.

aandy - 2020-06-23 2:34 PM

John52 - 2020-06-23 11:50 AM

I would love to see you trying to argue that one in court.

There are of course many lorry and van drivers sleeping in their vehicles overnight since the lockdown began, and I also might have been making deliveries :-D

But I'd rather argue the no overnight camping / sleeping notices in the lay byes, because I'd be interested to know how they'd prove I was asleep :-D

John52 - 2020-06-23 3:32 PM

There are of course many lorry and van drivers sleeping in their vehicles overnight since the lockdown began, and I also might have been making deliveries :-D

So long as you can show consignment and delivery notes, and an insurance policy covering use for hire and reward, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Archived