Overnight stop Poole

candapack

candapack - 2014-09-26 8:00 PM

Sadly, getting St Malo - Poole ferry next Monday. Docks in Poole at Midnight.

OH giving me grief about booking such a stupid crossing, can anyone tell me where we can park up for the night?

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/poole/

this carpark is very close to the ferry, i,ve never used it though so no experience

Driveway On Broomhill Way, Bh15

Private parking

OH giving me grief about booking such a stupid crossing, can anyone tell me where we can park up for the night?

Hi I thought you could park on the port at poole when you come of for about £5.00

jonsea - 2014-09-27 11:19 AM

Hi I thought you could park on the port at poole when you come of for about £5.00

Advice on parking at Poole port is provided on this Brittany Ferries (BF) webpage

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/guides/ports/poole#parking

However, I don’t think the St. Malo-Poole route is operated by Brittany Ferries, so I don’t know how applicable BF’s advice is to candapack.

Me, I’d begin by asking the ferry operator I’d be travelling with about the overnight parking situation at Poole for ‘incoming’ motorhomes as it must be a fairly common question.

Overnight parking at Poole is controlled by the Poole Harbour Commissioners and is available to anyone for £5 a night payable in cash at the little cafe close to the fast ferry check in by lane 34.

We arrived at 10.00 pm Friday and had a very quiet night, along with about 6 other vans, because there were no ferry movements all night and when the check in opened at about 6.30 (I think?) we were not disturbed by the vehicles.

Whether it is as quiet in the peak season I know not but it is convenient and worked for us and we will use it again.

Tracker - 2014-09-28 7:14 PM

Overnight parking at Poole is controlled by the Poole Harbour Commissioners and is available to anyone for £5 a night payable in cash at the little cafe close to the fast ferry check in by lane 34.

We arrived at 10.00 pm Friday and had a very quiet night, along with about 6 other vans, because there were no ferry movements all night and when the check in opened at about 6.30 (I think?) we were not disturbed by the vehicles.

Whether it is as quiet in the peak season I know not but it is convenient and worked for us and we will use it again.

Thanks. I got the same info from another source, so it's good to have it confirmed.

Did Mrs Tracker enjoy the gardens at Chaumont?

We're sitting on the new Aire at Mont St Michel, prior to getting ferry tomorrow. After 6 weeks of touring France in the most incredibly great weather, could not have asked for better.

candapack - 2014-09-28 8:15 PM

Thanks. I got the same info from another source, so it's good to have it confirmed.

Did Mrs Tracker enjoy the gardens at Chaumont?

We're sitting on the new Aire at Mont St Michel, prior to getting ferry tomorrow. After 6 weeks of touring France in the most incredibly great weather, could not have asked for better.

Cheers Chris - yes indeed we enjoyed the Chateau and the gardens and exhibition so much we visited two more fabulous Chateaux whilst in the area before trundling off to Brittany - well they were on the way - sort of!!

Once again two weeks away warm and dry and no rain - apart from one amazing thunderstorm one night!!

We have used Poole quay parking o/n to catch the morning ferry and confirm past postings.

The only time we were disturbed was when a ferry docked late and some French free loaders in a converted freezer van came off and tried to hide behind our van parking about 9 inches behind. How many times do two people need to slam their doors. Then at 06.00 they cut and ran to avoid paying making a hell of a row as they dug themselves out of the ridiculous position they were in. Bear in mind they was an acre or three of empty space.

Archived