Oyster Satellite needs Updating

Barney123

My Oyster Sat is 2009 version which you used to be able to update via the system

Now that you are unable to update it that way you have to now update it via the PC and a RS232 lead using a Tera Term method.

Here is where I become unstuck, I hav'nt got a clue how to download this programme and proceed to do the update.

Is there anyone out there who could/would help me with this please.

Thank you

Hi Terry, thanks for that info.

My main problem is downloading the correct Tera Term programme, you hit the "Free Download" key then all these other items crop up, i.e. "pay or this and pay for that etc", these giving the impression that you must do it. I dont want to key in something that is going to muck up the set up.

What I really need is someone who can give me an idiots guide on how to do it correctly.

Thank you

I have an Oyster Vision II with a build date of 2008 and no updates have been necessary apart from updating some of the expired satellite transponder settings.

The update process, as you describe, seems to relate to the Teleco Flatsat/Magicsat products. Are you sure you have an Oyster product ?

Hi Robbie,

My system is the Oyster fitted in 2008/2009, you used to be able to update via satellite until last year, Ten Haaft told me updating was no longer available via satellite and to do so you had to do it via the PC using a cable to the serial port.

I did ring Oyster the other day but they were busy but were able to give me some instructions over the phone and without getting those instructions down in Black & White I am lost.

Regards

Suggest you persevere with contacting OysterTech, they are very helpful. You'll obviously need to have your phone in the van to follow their step by step instructions.

Jackson satellites have downloadable instructions on their website for updating transponder settings etc but OysterTech don't recommend using this because of the possibility of screwing things up. I've used the Jackson info without any problems.

Archived