Oyster Vision 3

weldted

Went to put the dish up yesterday led on control panel flashing red very quickly but it locked on to Astra 2 ok went to put it up tonight red light flashing very quickly dish will not lock on to Astra 2 in France clear line of site still within the Astra footprint. Will not find Astra 1 or 907. It's been 32* yesterday and today wondered if that had any bearing on it, it's still 28 now 20:45 UK time.

Don't think the temperature will be an issue.

I had probs with my Oyster whilst in france and emailed Anthony of Oyster Sat Tech Ltd. I'm sure if you tell him your location and any error codes, he'll be able to help.

Hi all thank you for your replies, late last night when temp had cooled down tried the dish again no red led but dish would not lock on. Some tall trees but I thought I was far enough away, but having moved today dish locked on fine. We recive the usual channels we south of Bordeux and just loose a few as we head down to Homps Aude. I feel the auto skew really helps make the most of the signal and I fitted a new lnb. We can get channels like true movies and spike well down into Spain from Astra 2 and BBC 1,2, ITV 1 Channels 4 & 5 Film4+1 using Intellasat 907 right around Portugal.

• 11 months later...

Did you ever resolve this? I also had similar issues around that time last year in Bordeaux (randomly and unexpectedly not locking on) that then randomly persisted when I got back to the UK.

I found switching to Astra 1 locked on very easily and that then swapping back to Astra 2 while the dish was still raised caused it to move relative to the Astra 1 angle & elevation and lock on to Astra 2.

I am now also getting another problem with failing to retract and park the dish. It starts to lower but goes half way up again, stops and thinks it has parked successfully. The control box has been back to Oystersat Tech and has just returned to me with no fault found but the same behaviour. I mention all this because a suggestion from them was to try a “four button” reset of the hardware. As soon I did this the dish refused to lock on to Astra 2 again here in the UK and I had to swap to Astra 1, lock-on then switch back to Astra 2.

Did your Astra 2 locking resolve once you moved north?

Hi it resolved itself, but I took the unit off the roof, and put a bit of wd40 around the motor gears been fine ever since. When my played up I spoke to Robert Jackson he has a check list for resetting the system. Re not parking properly if one of the motors is a bit tight the torque generated may cause the brain to think it has parked and ease off a bit.

Thanks for the reply. It appears that there was a bit of miscommunication (covid19 related) at Oystersat and they firmly believe my problem is a faulty component in the control brain.

I’ve been a previous user and advocate of wd40 for everything but use silicone spray these days for lubrication issues. Wd40 apparently rots things and barely lubricates, they say. Thanks again.

Archived